2017 4* Kicker Brandon Ruiz Updates (Flips to Arizona State)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: 2017 4* Kicker Brandon Ruiz Updates (Opens Recruitment)

Get that kid to decommit from Auburn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do they do it anyway? Is it just me or do they always seem to find an all world kicker? Hell, doesn`t Carlson come from an Alabama family?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

How do they do it anyway? Is it just me or do they always seem to find an all world kicker? Hell, doesn`t Carlson come from an Alabama family?
The Carlson story is well documented. From what I read he was even willing to walk on and was still told no..

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Dang..It stung when Eddie Pinero switched to Florida & now this so late in the process..Coach Saban always has a backup plan for his backup plans when it comes to recruiting..Hopefully this will work out for the good & we still get us a quality kicker this class cause we need one for sure..Seems like we're in good shape to offer early playing time & we use that to our advantage..

I was reading on ROLLTIDE about Andy Pappanastos & sounds like he could be a decent kicker next year for us..Here's his Bio from ROLLTIDE.com

A 2012 graduate of Trinity Presbyterian School … named an All-American by Kohl’s Kicking and MaxPreps U.S. Air Force ... three-time Class 3A All-State selection ... set the Alabama high school career record for field goals made with 48, two shy of the national record ... his 279 career kicking points scored are third all-time in Alabama history ... named All-Metro 1A-4A Player of the Year by the Montgomery Advertiser ... named the Montgomery QB Club Private School Player of the Year ... four-year starting kicker and three-year starting safety for Trinity ... coached by Randy Ragsdale at Trinity Presbyterian ... two-year starter and first team All-Metro pick in soccer.

Last edited:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Wow, hate to hear this!

Don't understand it.

prayfast14

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 13, 2016

Man does the Steelers kicker have any eligibility left? Lol
I was thinking the exact same thing lol!!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji57][emoji57][emoji57][emoji57]

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

There are so many people who'd like to walk on at Bama, I have to believe Saban can just have a camp try out and he'll find a guy who can get it done.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't think we have anything to worry about, but we definitely need someone to do kicking at the spring camp. Wait, we got someone on the staff.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Smh at our recent kicker adventures

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA

Perhaps we can target another kicker who is eligible (JUCO or graduate transfer) in the short term. Considering this is the 2nd year in a row, maybe a different approach is needed going forward. If the rule to allow another on the field coaching position materializes, a coach focused solely on kicking and special teams would be nice. These kids want to be coached by the best position coaches available. Maybe we start with recruiting the best position coach?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

We already had Griff committed in that class.

For some reason I thought this was Carlson`s first year. Guess I`m not paying as much attention to the barn as I should! (blue font )

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Carlson has a younger brother.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.