2017 4* Kicker Brandon Ruiz Updates (Flips to Arizona State)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Re: 2017 4* Kicker Brandon Ruiz Updates (Opens Recruitment)

It may be time for Saban to start scouting the rugby team
Actually looking to Europe or Australia might not be a bad idea. South America too for that matter.

Papp reminds me of Shelley in 2011. He's solid on the shorter kicks but doesn't have the leg. Actually might be a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

What is it with Saban and kickers? Considering the number of elite kickers we've had in the past, I don't understand why its been so difficult to attract this kind of talent in recent years.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

The coaches may have to consider typical field goal range as 4 down territory next year if we don't have a capable kicker..

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

If we ever get a great kicker, we may never lose .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

The Dos Equis guy looks like he's got a strong leg. But he did play college football while in high school.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

He is going to Arizona State.

Can we not catch a break with kickers?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

i've wondered the same. could be an evaluation or maybe development issue. Or could be luck i guess. I dont think it's just a coincidence that Arbren is putting out NFL kickers like we put out LB's

What is it with Saban and kickers? Considering the number of elite kickers we've had in the past, I don't understand why its been so difficult to attract this kind of talent in recent years.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Nice from Jess...

"J.K. Scott will likely add long field goal kicking and kickoffs to his repertoire, which may turn out the best for him, anyway, as it adds value for NFL teams."

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Nice from Jess...

"J.K. Scott will likely add long field goal kicking and kickoffs to his repertoire, which may turn out the best for him, anyway, as it adds value for NFL teams."
Will it turn out best for Bama tho?

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Carlson, the kicker for the Barn aka Turncoat, has a younger brother who is committed to the Barn despite the whole family being Bama grads. Maybe he can get Carlson the younger to flip to the Tide.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Carlson, the kicker for the Barn aka Turncoat, has a younger brother who is committed to the Barn despite the whole family being Bama grads. Maybe he can get Carlson the younger to flip to the Tide.
That would be really nice if we could flip him especially if he is as good as his brother. I would not count on it though.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

What about Rodrigo 'Goggles' Blankenship from Uga? He's still not on scholarship is he? Not sure about the rules but could he immediately transfer to Bama since he's a walk-on and then CNS put him on scholarship? He has 3 years left I believe and was pretty good last year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

What about Rodrigo 'Goggles' Blankenship from Uga? He's still not on scholarship is he? Not sure about the rules but could he immediately transfer to Bama since he's a walk-on and then CNS put him on scholarship? He has 3 years left I believe and was pretty good last year.
Not sure Saban would want his "family baggage" if you know what I mean. There was another thread about the situation if you're not familiar..

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

Well, I would love to have a good kicker but this one looked like desaveu all over again watching the Army All-American game.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Not sure Saban would want his "family baggage" if you know what I mean. There was another thread about the situation if you're not familiar..
Yeah I saw it but it seemed to be the father mostly fueling the whole thing since the kid was told by Richt he would get a scholarship. Goggles himself seems to be a decent kid although 'peculiar' but most PK's are strange. Anyway I guess my point is that even the father while being a helicopter parent won't make a fuss if his kid's tuition is paid. But I could be wrong. It's a risk I guess.

Really wish we would go after the younger Carlson brother like others have mentioned. The whole situation with that family is one of the largest recruiting whiffs of this whole tenure. If the barn even sniffs the 35 yrd line they are all but guaranteed 3 points.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.