Thread where you post pictures of your pet(s) - Page 3
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC KentuckianaBFan's Avatar

Re: Thread where you post pictures of your pet(s)

Trying again from FB:

Not yet...
    Last edited by KentuckianaBFan; June 16th, 2016 at 11:29 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    For those trying to upload a pic...if you have a Facebook page you can upload to that first....and then copy that image information to the photo icon at the top of your post.

There are also other photo hosting sites such as photo bucket.

HTH!
    I'd be careful with that. It can either reveal your identity, or not be available to people not in your friends list.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    I'd be careful with that. It can either reveal your identity, or not be available to people not in your friends list.

You're thinking of a "link". I was not.

Once a photo is published to the Internet - it has an official URL - usually ending with a jpeg file extension. That URL is what you insert into the photo window while posting here.

Here's another one of Billabong I just brought from my FB page:

Easy peasey.....

BamaNation All-SEC TheAccountant's Avatar

Here's my guys Frasier (black) and Niles (white). They were the last two left in a litter and Frasier is the protector of Niles who was the runt of the litter.

And here's my girl OB. Two years ago next week she adopted us.

You're thinking of a "link". I was not.

Once a photo is published to the Internet - it has an official URL - usually ending with a jpeg file extension. That URL is what you insert into the photo window while posting here.
    I'm talking specifically about using Facebook.

Edit: and that's part of "being careful" that I was referring to.

Link: Link

Image:
    Last edited by cbi1972; June 16th, 2016 at 12:02 PM.
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Well...I right-clicked on the photo I chose in photobucket, and did a "copy image address", then opened a "reply" post here in this TF thread, and did a "ctrl v" past in the URL box...all I get is that little postage stamp thingy...?

[IMG]20150428_165124_zpsprot2ibr[/IMG]
    Last edited by KentuckianaBFan; June 16th, 2016 at 12:26 PM.

It could be a temporary image, or require some security. The URL on the previous page gives a 404 error, so it's no good for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckianaBFan View Post
    Well...I right-clicked on the photo I chose in photobucket, and did a "copy image address", then opened a "reply" post here in this TF thread, and did a "ctrl v" past in the URL box...all I get is that little postage stamp thingy...?
    Right click on image - then choose and right click on "view image info" from the menu. That opens a new window with your image URL highlighted. Copy that.

Then open a post here, click on the image icon*, and paste that url into the window.

*The image icon is at the top - middle row, 6th over from the right side - looks like a picture frame.

Right click on image - then choose and right click on "view image info" from the menu. That opens a new window with your image URL highlighted. Copy that.

Then open a post here, click on the image icon*, and paste that url into the window.

*The image icon is at the top - middle row, 6th over from the right side - looks like a picture frame.
    I would also suggest pasting it into a new browser window to test whether it works on its own. If it doesn't, then it also won't work in a web forum IMG

try using the image box in the header or put it in like this {IMG} insert here {/IMG} , but use standard brackets [] instead of what i used
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

First of all, thanks to all for the help...

In Chrome, I don't get a "view image info" selection, so I opened photobucket in Firefox...I was able to copy the URL, but when I pasted it to a separate tab, it displayed the whols photobucket page, not just the pic...? I did the "insert image" icon in the TF post, and the pic showed up, but when I right click on the pic and select "open image in new tab, again, the whole page displays...?

First of all, thanks to all for the help...

In Chrome, I don't get a "view image info" selection, so I opened photobucket in Firefox...I was able to copy the URL, but when I pasted it to a separate tab, it displayed the whols photobucket page, not just the pic...? I did the "insert image" icon in the TF post, and the pic showed up, but when I right click on the pic and select "open image in new tab, again, the whole page displays...?
    In Chrome, you should see either "open image in new tab" or "copy image address."

If you open in new tab, copy and paste that URL.

If you copy image address, just go to the "insert picture" icon for a post and insert the URL.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson