Thread where you post pictures of your pet(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Man Devotes His Life To Adopting Old Dogs Who Can’t Find Forever Homes

Months kept passing after Steve Greig’s beloved dog died, but he still felt crushed. That’s when he decided he should give another dog a good life. But not just any dog. He went to his local shelter in Denver, Colorado to adopt the “least adoptable” senior dog, as these are the ones too often overlooked. Now, Greig is a super busy human dad to his 10 elder shelter dogs and his Instagram is overloaded with cuteness approved by 478k followers.Each day Greig wakes up at 5.a.m in the morning to make breakfast for his big family. Most of the dogs have different diets. His schedule is filled with walks in the park, vet appointments…and lots of love and cuddles. “Whenever I sit or lie down at a dog-friendly level, there are always at least three or four of [dogs] attached,” Greig writes on Instagram.“They’re just wiser animals,” Greig told The Dodo. “You kind of know what you want out of life once you become a certain age. These dogs know who they are and it’s easy to develop a relationship with a person or pet who knows who they are. It’s just fulfilling knowing that these guys are happy and loved and well-taken care of. It makes my days worthwhile.”Greig also has a pig named Bikini, as well as two ducks, pigeons, cats and a few chickens. He has no more room for pets at the moment but he intends to adopt more senior dogs in the future. Because after all, love sees no age.

How does one define a hero....this man is a good example....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Heartbreaking yet something everyone here can relate to.

Poor little Walnut's quality of life is no longer at the level it should be so his human must do what is right and demonstrate one final act of love and respect for his faithful companion....

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I feel like Bear is monopolizing this thread, but........ don't care. :p He had to stay on lead for this park, but I got to play with the bokeh effect on my phone.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Our just turned 11 dachshund, Cooper:

A stray feral that we decided to start feeding a year ago when she was struggling with taking care of some kittens and raising them under our house, Lysa. She's a bit bipolar but we finally broke through enough to where she's all lovey-dovey now most of the time:

One of Lysa's twins, Cersei:

The other twin, Jamie:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept it's awful gaps, we still would live no other way."
- Irving Townsend

A friend sent this to me when I had to put down my dog about 2 months ago. This meant a lot to me and I wanted to share this with my friends who love animals, the ultimate friend.

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Here's my fat cat. :)

And, no, that isn't photoshopped - just a well-timed picture. She was yawning but, since the fur around her mouth is all white, it just looks like she's sticking out her tongue.
:biggrin2:

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
This is Bailey on the left (and in my avatar) and Koda, Bailey's son, on the right, both Schnauzers and ungroomed in this photo. Bailey recently passed October 24th as a result of attack by a large poorly-controlled dog. She was beloved and basically a daughter to my wife and I. We're both still mourning and in shock - most difficult loss I've ever faced next to my mother's passing. Koda is beside himself - she's always been right there by his side.

We have four other dogs, Mollie (Briard), Chloe (Wolfhound mix), Phoebe (Black Mouth Cur), and Milo (Schnauzer), all rescues, and a cat named Tink, and we are fostering a little Pekingese/Shih Tsu/Cairn Terrier mix we call Monkey, because she looks like one. Don't have pictures of any of them handy, but I'll upload when I can get a few.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I just came home from the store to find my cats had gotten into my food cabinet to eat my Goldfish crackers. :rolleye2: I have a love/hate relationship with my cats. Ha.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
This is Bailey on the left (and in my avatar) and Koda, Bailey's son, on the right, both Schnauzers and ungroomed in this photo. Bailey recently passed October 24th as a result of attack by a large poorly-controlled dog. She was beloved and basically a daughter to my wife and I. We're both still mourning and in shock - most difficult loss I've ever faced next to my mother's passing. Koda is beside himself - she's always been right there by his side.

We have four other dogs, Mollie (Briard), Chloe (Wolfhound mix), Phoebe (Black Mouth Cur), and Milo (Schnauzer), all rescues, and a cat named Tink, and we are fostering a little Pekingese/Shih Tsu/Cairn Terrier mix we call Monkey, because she looks like one. Don't have pictures of any of them handy, but I'll upload when I can get a few.
When I was a kid, my family had a miniature poodle (Cindy) and a miniature schnauzer (Pepper). Cindy was mauled by a white husky. You may have seen the husky at some point in Indian Valley. It lived across the creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.