Thread where you post pictures of your pet(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just got back from the emergency vet. We had to put our shih tzu Princess Buttercup down. She had a brain tumor and was having seizures. She was a rescue we adopted in 2004 and had to be at least 3 years old at that time. RIP Buttercup

View attachment 5531
I'm so sorry @Elefantman - very hard to do, I know. At least now she is out of pain. 18-19 years is a darn good run. Respect to you and yours for giving her a good life - I know she was loved and she did as well. I will give my 2 girls some extra hugs tonight for Princess Buttercup.....

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
PB was a sweet dog, always had a smile and a happy disposition. She was wife's favorite so it's was hard for her but she knows Buttercup no longer suffers from pain. This is the fifth dog I have had to go through this difficult decision. It doesn't get any easier.

• Love
Reactions: Bazza

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I decided to let my sweet Ethel go today. She had just turned 13 in November. I had her for about 12 of those. She started acting weird on Thursday. Saturday she was reluctant to walk and play in the water like she usually did. Yesterday she stayed in the same spot all day barely moving at all. I thought it was her arthritis flaring up or she had hurt her back and was in pain. She would eat only a couple bites of her food and didn't touch some table scraps I gave her. I took her to the vet this morning and she had lost 3 lbs. since 3 weeks ago and 10 in the past year. Her liver enzymes came back over 3x the normal range. She was dehydrated. Her temp was low at 97.8 and her WBC count was high. I was told we could treat her by giving her fluids and IV antibiotics. I think maybe if she was younger I would have done that, but she did not feel good at all. You could tell. Her prognosis wasn't good. I decided it was time for me to let her go. I feel bad. Thinking I should have gone all out for her, but I tried to give her the best life I could. Now I have no dog in my life for the first time since 2004. I still have my cats, however, so maybe that will help. Run free my sweet Ethel.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.