Link: Gregg Goff Expected to be Named Alabama Baseball Coach

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This is a great hire. This guy does not play around, period. The current players on the roster are going to be in for a rude awakening on how the culture of the program is going to change.
My thought also. He will instill a discipline which is healthy for success in baseball. As you say, the culture will certainly change. Welcome and RTR Coach Goff.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Good resume and liked his introductory comments. Sounds like we are a destination job for him. I wish him the best.

Does anyone else think that he strongly resembles a younger Pat Dye?

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
I was under-whelmed at first. But the more I talk to people around the region and research for myself his history, I am very pleased and he is exactly what we needed. Expect a team that will be disciplined, fundamentally sound and aggressive. And a coach that is very hands-on and doesn't tolerate mediocrity. I'm looking forward to making some fall practices.

bamabaseballfan

1st Team
Aug 9, 2007
Birmingham, AL
He is a take no crap type of coach. If it's like his first stop in the state, one of the first things he'll tell the team is he'll make it to the World Series with you or without you. I don't know any current players at UA to know what things had been like the last few years, but it'll no doubt be far from what they're used to. You're either all in, or you're out the door. He is extremely structured and detail oriented. We all know things lots of college kids do in their down time, but you can expect players to be upstanding young men when in the public eye. Anything less isn't tolerated. I can't wait to see who he brings in to fill the staff.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
He is a take no crap type of coach. If it's like his first stop in the state, one of the first things he'll tell the team is he'll make it to the World Series with you or without you. I don't know any current players at UA to know what things had been like the last few years, but it'll no doubt be far from what they're used to. You're either all in, or you're out the door. He is extremely structured and detail oriented. We all know things lots of college kids do in their down time, but you can expect players to be upstanding young men when in the public eye. Anything less isn't tolerated. I can't wait to see who he brings in to fill the staff.
I know one very well and he is excited to get to work... Was very happy with the hire. I think we will see a clean slate and no jobs are safe, everyone will have an opportunity to earn PT.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I'll admit i don't know much about CGG. I'll admit that I don't know who was the head of this coaching search. But I trust that whomever made the hire, knows what they're doing. I like the way CGG is talking, so we'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I found a La. Tech message board and they all seemed sad to see him go. Most seemed to understand, but there were a couple complaining about evil Alabama and their SEC money taking him away. I'm sure they were equally outraged when he left Campbell to make more money at La Tech.

On paper, he seems like a good hire. He used to coach at Montevallo, so he is at least familiar with the state and the Birmingham area.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
His salary at Tech was $120k, at most. The chance to at least double your salary and move into a P5 league is a hard thing to pass up. I know LaTech fans don't like it, but it's tough to say no to these big money programs.

Rtr

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Thanks for the link. Love this guy and can't wait to see the new product on the field.
I think we will see the type of turn around we had in Jim Wells' first season. Go from a .500 team (sub .500 in the case of the team Wells inherited) to a team that competes in the SEC and makes a regional. The talent is there, just needs someone to get the talent to shine through. I knew several players who played on the 1993-94 and 1994-95 teams. The only difference was coaching, specifically attitude.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I must say....the part about about using Google and YouTube...come on, Coach. Whether it's true or not, you can leave that part out when speaking about the hiring process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.