got hit by a car

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
this sounds like too long to me. they are basically saying my outdoor biking days are done for the year.
I mean look on the bright side. At least you CAN ride again. It may not be as soon as you want, but it could have been much worse. You really don't want to rush back after going through all the effort of the the surgeries and make things worse.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I mean look on the bright side. At least you CAN ride again. It may not be as soon as you want, but it could have been much worse. You really don't want to rush back after going through all the effort of the the surgeries and make things worse.
I know it could have been so much worse, but I will still be frustrated with the slow recovery time. I can still bike on a stationary bike.

side note: what exactly is rehab for a thumb? One, two, three, four, let's have a thumb war?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
How are you doing?
slowly healing. foot/toe is completely healed. it was discovered my foot was broken this whole time as well. i still have a splint on my thumb. i had to cancel my first physical therapy session and that will finally start next week. still having some pain in my back when i get up from a lying down position. feeling a lot better. still stressing over medical bills but i got a bonus at work plus a small loan from the partners of the firm. my work has been incredibly patient with me. gaining more weight because of the lack of exercise but i am going to start walking to get the strength back to my foot and toe.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
slowly healing. foot/toe is completely healed. it was discovered my foot was broken this whole time as well. i still have a splint on my thumb. i had to cancel my first physical therapy session and that will finally start next week. still having some pain in my back when i get up from a lying down position. feeling a lot better. still stressing over medical bills but i got a bonus at work plus a small loan from the partners of the firm. my work has been incredibly patient with me. gaining more weight because of the lack of exercise but i am going to start walking to get the strength back to my foot and toe.
Good to hear you're making progress. I hope your recovery is speedy.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I am told at least 4 more weeks of physical therapy. Doctor is saying I am where I should be at this point. I now have a splint that I am told looks like a bowlers glove.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.