Question: Do you get tired of the mountain of CC offers in the mail???

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I thought I'd start a thread that didn't pertain to the election, gun control, or another news headline of a crime....

I was dumping out my (actual usps) mail bin, and started getting hacked off, when I started reading and thinking about the blatant lies and misconceptions of all these bogus "pre approved" offers I read. Then I have to properly destroy them as not to have someone dig it out and apply in my name.

Credit card companies are a bunch of lying (just within the law) hacks that get less knowledgeable people in a bad bind because they don't understand fully the ramifications of the deal..(captain obvious....I know..) but my biggest issue, is with the mortgage companies who "guarantee a lower rate that you've been pre approved for". You are no more pre approved for anything than a homeless person under the bridge........

Is there any way to get these bogus offers that clutter up my mailbox to stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I thought I'd start a thread that didn't pertain to the election, gun control, or another news headline of a crime....

I was dumping out my (actual usps) mail bin, and started getting hacked off, when I started reading and thinking about the blatant lies and misconceptions of all these bogus "pre approved" offers I read. Then I have to properly destroy them as not to have someone dig it out and apply in my name.

Credit card companies are a bunch of lying (just within the law) hacks that get less knowledgeable people in a bad bind because they don't understand fully the ramifications of the deal..(captain obvious....I know..) but my biggest issue, is with the mortgage companies who "guarantee a lower rate that you've been pre approved for". You are no more pre approved for anything than a homeless person under the bridge........

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+stop+junk+mail

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Yeah been there, done that......if it was only that easy......they still send em......
They just change the names and you keep having to waste time to continually go back through the senders site and get on the do not send list......

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"You have been pre-approved FOR THIS OFFER...."

I feel like George Carlin - "what does pre-approved mean? That I was approved BEFORE I was approved?"

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
"You have been pre-approved FOR THIS OFFER...."

I feel like George Carlin - "what does pre-approved mean? That I was approved BEFORE I was approved?"
George Carlin had a unique way of discussing life's pet peeves indeed!!

I like his analogy of swimming in the Hudson River as a child and never getting sick......

Why? Because his immune system was tempered with Raw S...!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Here's my personal tried and true solution:
1. Separate the cc application from the (postage paid) return envelope.
2. Stamp or write your name and return address in the upper left corner of the envelope.
3. Run the cc application through a paper shredder, then put it into the pp return envelope.
4. Stick it in your outgoing mail and send it back to them.

CC companies hate losing money. Once they realize that they're having to pay for you to mail a shredded application back to them, I guarantee they'll quit sending them to you.

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
What's weird is I don't get any at my home address. The business gets a few every once in awhile, but not many. Wonder how they select these people?

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Back when I used to carry a balance, I was flooded with CC offers. Now that I don't carry a balance, I might get one or two a month at most. CC companies apparently don't like folks who don't pay interest.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Back when I used to carry a balance, I was flooded with CC offers. Now that I don't carry a balance, I might get one or two a month at most. CC companies apparently don't like folks who don't pay interest.
This is exactly what happened to me. I used to use my Amex card for travel expenses before I retired. I got used to paying it off in full each month. Now they offer a monthly minimum payment card also. They hit me up several times a year wanting me to spread out those payments. I retired two years ago and now I'm flooded with Medicare supplement insurance offers which is as frequent as the cc offers. Sometimes I think my mailman hates me!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
same thing here. we have paid our balances monthly for 5 years and we get very few offers any more.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
We used to stuff the envelopes with pizza coupons and other junk. Didn't reduce how much we received, but it was cheap entertainment knowing someone was going to open it and be like "huh?".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.