Link: Please hire Syrians, not Americans

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I need football season to start... spending too much time on NS and raising my BP in the process. All I can do is SMH......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
From the linked story:

The White House this week issued a formal Call to Action for U.S. firms to make "new, measurable, and significant commitments that will have a long-term, sustainable impact on refugees residing in countries on the frontlines of this crisis and in countries of resettlement, like the United States." The Call to Action flows from the Obama administration's ongoing leadership in response to the human tragedy of 20 million refugees being scattered across the globe today. Since the start of the Syrian conflict that has displaced 4.5 million people, the administration has provided over $5 billion in humanitarian aid. On Sept. 20, President Obama will host a summit of world leaders on the refugee crisis to secure increased pledges for aid; measures to help refugees become contributing members of their host communities, including getting one million adults the legal right to work; and a greater intake of refugees through resettlement and work programs.
Unbelievable.....we sit out the Syrian invasion and now we are paying the price....who's in charge of the country?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
From the linked story:

Unbelievable.....we sit out the Syrian invasion and now we are paying the price....who's in charge of the country?
Exactly why we can not afford Cankles to continue this insanity.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I need football season to start... spending too much time on NS and raising my BP in the process. All I can do is SMH......
No kidding. My god we give 5 billion in aid to foreign lands while we are drowning by the trillions in debt. Let's not mention how many of our own citizens ( I don't know, maybe vets who need the care) could use that money.

If you didn't know better you'd actually think our government cared more about foreign people than their own...

Crap like this not only ticks me off but depresses me regarding the future of our country. We're led by a bunch of freakin' idiots.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Why would as a businessman or woman want to hire a Syrian when they get mad go on a shooting spree. I know they all don't but can you take the chance.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
That's not completely true. We are supporting the rebels in the overthrow of Assad.
Obviously not enough. We are in that range between too much help and not enough. Too much for the SRA to give up (because the money would stop) and not enough for them to win.
STill, we are under no obligations to accept Syrian refugees.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.