Netflix Docuseries on East Mississippi CC "Last Chance U" Trailer

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Coming out on July 29 and is a six part docuseries...

A gut-wrenching behind-the-scenes look at the world of college football. Inspired by the GQ article of the same name, Last Chance U follows the stories of elite athletes in tough life circumstances who struggle to find their redemption on a champion community college football team and hopefully realize their dreams of competing at the next level in this six-part documentary series.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
"Last Chance U" ?! Community Colleges aren't universities. No, not dissing comm colleges. They serve a important role.

Don't care if it is only a semi-clever title. It isn't a "U". :conf2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
"Last Chance U" ?! Community Colleges aren't universities. No, not dissing comm colleges. They serve a important role.

Don't care if it is only a semi-clever title. It isn't a "U". :conf2:
Don't take things so serious, pal.

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
I covered these guys for a few years. It's unreal how good they are. Everything you see about Scooba being a nothing town is true. There's a 4 way stop on Hwy. 45, 2 gas stations and that's all. The team is legit and I'm looking forward to it.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Thanks for the link & will have to watch this cause it looks like it will be a great way to combat to football offseason blues..Community College's serves a great purpose for players that for whatever reason fell short of making it to D-1 schools coming out of high school..There's some really talented players playing at CC's..

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Thanks for the link & will have to watch this cause it looks like it will be a great way to combat to football offseason blues..Community College's serves a great purpose for players that for whatever reason fell short of making it to D-1 schools coming out of high school..There's some really talented players playing at CC's..
Yep, and CNS knows how to find em!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Finished watching this today. Didn't plan on watching all of it today, but I couldn't stop (maybe I'm that desperate for football). Worth watching if you have a Netflix account and don't mind heavy cussing.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Started it today, could have watched it all but had other commitments. Very good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This is my alma mater (then went on to a four college to get my four year degree). I spent two years in Scooba, MS playing baseball. When I tell you there is NOTHING within 45 minutes of that place I'm being literal. We spent a many of night after practices on dirt roads with tail gates dropped and just listening to music. Because that was about all to do around there. We drove to starkville and columbus from time to time but if we wanted to stay in Scooba and "hang out" that's about all there was to do. I loved that little place. In a world where everything moves at lightning pace and filled with noise and clutter. Scooba was an oasis for the soul. Quiet, slow moving and two years of my life where I did a lot of growing up, reflecting and made a lot of life long friendships that are still alive and well today.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This is my alma mater (then went on to a four college to get my four year degree). I spent two years in Scooba, MS playing baseball. When I tell you there is NOTHING within 45 minutes of that place I'm being literal. We spent a many of night after practices on dirt roads with tail gates dropped and just listening to music. Because that was about all to do around there. We drove to starkville and columbus from time to time but if we wanted to stay in Scooba and "hang out" that's about all there was to do. I loved that little place. In a world where everything moves at lightning pace and filled with noise and clutter. Scooba was an oasis for the soul. Quiet, slow moving and two years of my life where I did a lot of growing up, reflecting and made a lot of life long friendships that are still alive and well today.
We have family hunting land in Kemper County. Driving through Scooba or DeKalb, you wouldn't expect a football stadium like that. There really is nothing around.

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
Two things, if I had a kid, he wouldn't be playing for Buddy Stephens.

Secondly, I pray that Reuben Foster and John Franklin have a nifty little collision near midfield at BDS this year. That kid is a door knob.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I'm speechless to why everyone hyped up John Franklin III and watching the documentary has left me with lot of questions.
I wonder about him too. Looks to me like he couldn't beat out a kid that only had an offer from MC. Not sure what to think of that...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.