Political Meme - Cartoon Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Political Meme - Cartoon Thread (ONLY)...

Not that I consider myself a lib but that just makes me laugh. That name won't last.
More and more are realizing Trump is not a liberal vs. conservative problem, he's a general problem and he's far from a conservative. Some are just slower, but their noses will be ground into it until they come around and realize what a disaster for the country he is...

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

I hope you realize two things:
1- that's one of the most amateurish photoshops in recent times, and
2- duffelblog is a military satire site.
I got two responses. One for the each of ya.

I thought it looked funky but was driveby posting that response while working on other stuff. I never even noticed where it was credited to.

Either way it did make me laugh but thanks for pointing it out for good measure, good sir. :)

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

I don't see why people think this is even clever, much less funny. These people weren't merely destroying history. They were making history by declaring a war. The war they "remember" came after they toppled this statue. What percentage of Americans have a clue George III was king in 1776? The only thing this meme does is remind me that toppling statues portends revolution, and the victors get to write the history.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I don't see why people think this is even clever, much less funny. These people weren't merely destroying history. They were making history by declaring a war. The war they "remember" came after they toppled this statue. What percentage of Americans have a clue George III was king in 1776? The only thing this meme does is remind me that toppling statues portends revolution, and the victors get to write the history.
We should have renamed Georgia, Maryland, and Virginia after the War.....too British ;)

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

I don't want to see all the monuments come down but the irony of a lot of it is hilarious.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

George III -- symbol of oppression
Confederate flag -- symbol of oppressing
Confederate memorial (particularly those erected in the wake of the civil rights movement -- symbol of oppression

And frankly, any kid who goes through high school American History should have at least a fighting chance of knowing who George III was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.