Loudest Concert You Have Ever Been To?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I am sort of out of my concert going to age now. I believe without a doubt the loudest one I saw was Ted Nugent in 1978. I had to leave about 30 minutes in. Of course, the concert was at the Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson which was built for rodeos and tractor pulls. It ain't exactly Carnegie Hall. But Ted had the amps turned up pretty loud.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
ZZ Top at the Cajundome in Lafayette...

and Rush in Pensacola....it was the first show on the tour -- Counterparts, I believe, and it was LOUD.....and if I remember right, Mr Big - opened for them, and I honestly just waited outside.... ;) == people were coming out calling them "Mr Big Noise"

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Saw Deep Purple in the mid 70's, also saw Ted Nugent in the late 70's. Hard to decide between the two of them. They were stupid loud.

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
The 1987 Texxas Jam got loud(er) when we managed to work our way to front stage left while Aerosmith was onstage. Keep in mind the Jam was general admission and the crowd tended to have a flow and we found ourselves quite close for Aerosmith and then we flowed back away when Boston came on. It may have been that we were so close, or maybe it was starting further back from the stage and then getting closer, perhaps the heat had something to do with it, not sure really, but it sure did seem loud. A single concert indoors, I am thinking late 80's in Dallas and AC/DC.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
A Metallica concert at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville around 2009 is the loudest I've attended. I even used earplugs and it was still loud, but a very awesome concert. However, an indoor Monster Jam event is louder.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
"Bloodrock" in Miami in a open pavilion type building. We sat on the concrete floor and the concrete buzzed and vibrated. I don't think my ears have ever recovered...

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
It seems like almost every concert I went to in the '80's was stupid loud. Thankfully most concerts these days are loud enough without being too loud and the sound is generally a lot cleaner. An exception to that was about 2 years ago Motley Crue. It was so loud and distorted it was hard to tell what songs they were playing. Alice Cooper opened and he sounded great.

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
Kiss, in Huntsville, in the mid 80's. Bass drum kick made our shirts bounce of our chest - seriously. Could only hear a ringing noise for 2 days afterward!

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Kiss, in Huntsville, in the mid 80's. Bass drum kick made our shirts bounce of our chest - seriously. Could only hear a ringing noise for 2 days afterward!
Had the same experience with the percussion bouncing clothes. Santana concert at the BJCC concert hall. It was very load, but still enjoyable.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Was there for a couple Kiss concerts, and yeah, It was LOUD!

Saw Kiss and Motley Crue at Oak Mountain a couple years ago and it was pretty loud..(I'm the exception....the older I get, the louder I like it!!!!......maybe it's just I'm gettin hard of hearing from playing in front of the Marshall stacks myself!!)

As a side note....at the Kiss/Crue concert in B'ham....the opening act was a band from the UK called The Treatment.....a rocking band....and were cool enough to hang out front of the venue for folks to come up and take pictures and hang for at least an hour...(I talked in depth with them about their style of playing and such...) great group of young men!!

I've went to several Nugent concerts thru the years, and they are probably the rockinest and loudest....(in Nashville, Birmingham, and Huntsville)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.