And still WBC champion Deontay Wilder - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Re: And still WBC champion Deontay Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    It was weird watching it live. The commentators were shocked that the ref ended it when he did, right up until it became obvious Washington was stumbling around hurt and clearly out of it trying to get back to his corner.

I applaud Washington. He came in with a good gameplan and was having a good fight early. But if you make a mistake against Deontay Wilder, no matter how minor, he will clock you and end the fight promptly.
    Yep. Wilder was feeling out Washington the first few rounds. Announcers kept saying Wilder is down on the score card. Do they know that Wilder is 39-0 with 38 knockouts? He doesn't win via decision. Really good fight. Pretty good undercard also. I'm more into MMA but I try and catch boxing when Wilder fights..

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Pretty good payday for Wilder also. This is just his disclosed purse. I'm sure he made more with sponsors, bonus, TV points etc..

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Looked like it was Washington's fight, till it wasn't...
    Short right to the temple and it was over. (Stopped shortly there after.)

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

I love watching Deontay fight.

BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar

The Bronze Bomber has made heavyweight boxing interesting again. He needs to fight Tyson Fury or Vlad Klitschko. I'm sure Deontay would win and it would be a great payday for him.
    Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer. :)

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Pretty good payday for Wilder also. This is just his disclosed purse. I'm sure he made more with sponsors, bonus, TV points etc..

I guess that shows the state of boxing these days. It always seemed like the heavyweights made tens of millions with the biggest fights even inching into the hundreds of millions with the pay per view money. Still, 900,000 isn't a bad payday for punching someone in the face.

BamaNation All-SEC Bamafaninco1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OreBama View Post
    The Bronze Bomber has made heavyweight boxing interesting again. He needs to fight Tyson Fury or Vlad Klitschko. I'm sure Deontay would win and it would be a great payday for him.
    I think Tyson got banned for drug use, Vlad is old but it would be a nice fight.
    Last edited by Bamafaninco1; February 27th, 2017 at 09:44 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Bamafaninco1 View Post
    I think Tyson got banned for drug use, Vlad is old but it would be a nice fight.
    Yes, Tyson Fury got himself into a mess; his mouth, if nothing else, is always out of control. If he can pull himself together, Wilder vs Fury would be a good fight.

Tyson Fury has a cousin, Hughie Fury, who is making a name for himself in the heavyweight division as well. I don't know how good he is but seems legit; he is 6'6" tall so not as tall as his cousin.

Wladimir Klitschko has a good fight scheduled in April. Win or lose, I don't know how much longer he will (should) stay in the game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Until Fury gets his crap together there is no sense in worrying about him yet. Hopefully he goes after the WBO belt next. I actually know his sister and nephews and we even sat with them during the Molina fight. Great family.

As for him fighting higher talent he did go to Russia (or close) to fight Alexander Povetkin, but Povetkin was caught taking that Melodium (or whatever it was called) and failed a pre-fight drug test and Wilder pulled out and rightfully so. That basically led to the mess with Wilder tearing his bicep and breaking his hand in the last fight.

I just wished some of the Bama big wigs would get behind him money wise and we host a true title vs title fight here in Birmingham. It would be rocking 3x what Bartow did and it was pretty dang loud that night!
    Last edited by 230kv_barehand; February 27th, 2017 at 02:43 PM. Reason: getting old

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

And oh yea....

Bommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbzquuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddd!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Good stuff. Why did I think I was watching a recording at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wilder showed everyone he was elite last night.

No more questions about his chin. Ortiz hits like he's got a sack of hammers in those gloves.

Deontay's unorthodox as all get out, but if that right hand lands, put a bow on it.
    Just a barner.

MiSsIsSiPpI sTaTe Is A cOnTeNdEr In ThE wEsT

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

I forgot about the fight and remembered when it was too late to watch it. Deontay did show he was elite last night as you say and he will get his shot at a big money unification fight sooner than later.