And still WBC champion Deontay Wilder - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: And still WBC champion Deontay Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I forgot about the fight and remembered when it was too late to watch it. Deontay did show he was elite last night as you say and he will get his shot at a big money unification fight sooner than later.
    It answered any questions anyone should have about Deontay. We need to see Wilder vs Joshua now.
    Just a barner.

My wife asked me the other day: "Are you even listening to me?"

Which is a really weird way to start a conversation.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Did Wilder play football at Alabama? What is the connection to the UA football board?

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    Did Wilder play football at Alabama? What is the connection to the UA football board?
    No he didn't , but one of his dreams was to play football for Bama. I know his daughter was born with a condition and some of his plans were kind of altered. His fights have usually been posted on the football board . I think it's just a show if support for a guy from Bama and the football board gets the most traffic.
    Last edited by JTBama; March 4th, 2018 at 12:31 PM.
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    Hometown boy. Loves him some Bama.
    Just a barner.

My wife asked me the other day: "Are you even listening to me?"

Which is a really weird way to start a conversation.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

The mods generally are a little more lenient about what is posted here in the off season. Wilder is from Tuscaloosa, so it isnít too far out of bounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Roll Deontay Roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

I still find it funny folks doubt his power. He can knock ANYONE out, including Joshua.
    "I just want you to know you've hired a horse---- football coach, but nobody will out-recruit me."

---Coach Saban to Mal Moore on the flight to Tuscaloosa after being hired

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I still find it funny folks doubt his power. He can knock ANYONE out, including Joshua.
    He literally has every tool - size, power, length. If he can continue to refine his pugilist skills, he'll be s dominant as anyone ever. He has it all.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    If he can continue to refine his pugilist skills
    This will be his downfall. He's a great fighter, not a great boxer, and if he comes across a great boxer, he will lose. However, I haven't see a great heavyweight boxer in many, many years.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    We need to see Wilder vs Joshua now.
    This should be in the works soon. Joshua may have a mandatory title defense to complete first.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...yweight-titles

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    This should be in the works soon. Joshua may have a mandatory title defense to complete first.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...yweight-titles
    Don't get your hopes up bro. Hearn/Joshua has the leverage so you better believe they'll ask for an 80/20 split at least and he'll have to fight in the U.K. That's a given. They'll expect Wilder to jump through hoops even if it's after Joshua's mandatory. It will almost be like Mayweather/Pac all over again on negotiations.

Just to show you how much of a snake Eddie Hearn is, Sky Sports invited Wilder to be a guest commentator last night and he agreed only if he could get a face off in the ring afterwards. Sky agreed to his terms and then called back a few days later and said they couldn't so that's why Wilder DIDN'T show up last night. Hearn threatened Wilder with extra security and even a restraining order and then when interviewed last night he called Wilder out for not being there and even talked trash. Pure snake.

The fight will definitely NOT happen this year and I'd be surprised if it happens before 2020 because if not, Joshua can fight a nobody and the Brits are dumb enough to fill 80k capacity stadiums because they think he's the greatest. I think Wilder knocks him out if they fight, crap an over-aged Klitschko even floored Joshua. Parker even hurt him with a body punch in the 11th last night.
    "I just want you to know you've hired a horse---- football coach, but nobody will out-recruit me."

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Don't get your hopes up bro. Hearn/Joshua has the leverage so you better believe they'll ask for an 80/20 split at least and he'll have to fight in the U.K. That's a given. They'll expect Wilder to jump through hoops even if it's after Joshua's mandatory. It will almost be like Mayweather/Pac all over again on negotiations.

Just to show you how much of a snake Eddie Hearn is, Sky Sports invited Wilder to be a guest commentator last night and he agreed only if he could get a face off in the ring afterwards. Sky agreed to his terms and then called back a few days later and said they couldn't so that's why Wilder DIDN'T show up last night. Hearn threatened Wilder with extra security and even a restraining order and then when interviewed last night he called Wilder out for not being there and even talked trash. Pure snake.

The fight will definitely NOT happen this year and I'd be surprised if it happens before 2020 because if not, Joshua can fight a nobody and the Brits are dumb enough to fill 80k capacity stadiums because they think he's the greatest. I think Wilder knocks him out if they fight, crap an over-aged Klitschko even floored Joshua. Parker even hurt him with a body punch in the 11th last night.
    I have no hopes whatsoever. Just noticed Joshua's comments while reading about the fight

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    I have no hopes whatsoever. Just noticed Joshua's comments while reading about the fight

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Yep they are going to drag this out big time. They'll want Wilder a little older and to take a few more punches to the head as well as all the other things to fuss over before Hearn lets Joshua fight him. This is what has killed boxing over the years and let MMA take over. I'm a fan of both but boxing can't afford to watch another blockbuster fight lost to crappy negotiations after Mayweather/Pac bombed big time as well as Mayweather/McGregor. Boxing needs a huge fight like this and maybe even 2-3 fights between the two if Wilder does indeed win the first one or we have a super close decision.