And still WBC champion Deontay Wilder - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Suspended

Re: And still WBC champion Deontay Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Yep they are going to drag this out big time. They'll want Wilder a little older and to take a few more punches to the head as well as all the other things to fuss over before Hearn lets Joshua fight him. This is what has killed boxing over the years and let MMA take over. I'm a fan of both but boxing can't afford to watch another blockbuster fight lost to crappy negotiations after Mayweather/Pac bombed big time as well as Mayweather/McGregor. Boxing needs a huge fight like this and maybe even 2-3 fights between the two if Wilder does indeed win the first one or we have a super close decision.
    I agree that boxing, particularly the heavyweight division, needs a marquee rivalry. While Wilder has a ton of power, from what I've seen, I'd put my money on Joshua.

2. Advertisement

In a statement on Tuesday, Wilder said: "I want to congratulate Anthony Joshua on his win last Saturday. Anthony, I am so glad we finally heard from you on Saturday and that you want to fight me as your next opponent and you want the fight to happen in the UK.

"I accept that challenge and I am ready to come to the UK for my next fight. There is nothing on Team Wilder's side to prevent me from fighting you next.

"You also said on Saturday that your team is ready to meet with Shelly Finkel and Al Haymon from my side to get this deal done. They are also ready to meet with your team immediately. Let us know when - the sooner the better."
    Deontay Wilder 'ready to come to UK' for Anthony Joshua fight
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Suspended

With Joshua holding 3 belts, that seems right.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Well I’m glad I’m wrong!! ESPN is reporting that Wilder and company has accepted Eddie Hearn’s offer to fight in the U.K. at what is expected to be between $15-25 million for Wilder as he took a guaranteed purse instead of a percentage they were fighting over and a rematch here which would be more than likely Vegas.

BUT, Hearn and crew has not confirmed this yet but it is late over there right now so let’s hope that’s why he didn’t return ESPN’s call.

#BombZquaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples! Denzel Devall

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Joshua opens as -200 favorite and Wilder a +170 dog. I will bet that for sure, I really like Wilder’s chances.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples! Denzel Devall