And still WBC champion Deontay Wilder

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I know his sister and her family (his nephews), they are great people. We also coached his nephews in city league ball. They were never a problem. We actually sat with his sister in the first fight at Bartow.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Wilder just TKOd Washington in the 5th round.

Washington was winning this fight, but Wilder caught him with a thunderous short right. Washington got up and tried to keep going, but it was as good as over after that right and the ref ended it in short order.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
It was weird watching it live. The commentators were shocked that the ref ended it when he did, right up until it became obvious Washington was stumbling around hurt and clearly out of it trying to get back to his corner.

I applaud Washington. He came in with a good gameplan and was having a good fight early. But if you make a mistake against Deontay Wilder, no matter how minor, he will clock you and end the fight promptly.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It was weird watching it live. The commentators were shocked that the ref ended it when he did, right up until it became obvious Washington was stumbling around hurt and clearly out of it trying to get back to his corner.

I applaud Washington. He came in with a good gameplan and was having a good fight early. But if you make a mistake against Deontay Wilder, no matter how minor, he will clock you and end the fight promptly.
Yep. Wilder was feeling out Washington the first few rounds. Announcers kept saying Wilder is down on the score card. Do they know that Wilder is 39-0 with 38 knockouts? He doesn't win via decision. Really good fight. Pretty good undercard also. I'm more into MMA but I try and catch boxing when Wilder fights..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Pretty good payday for Wilder also. This is just his disclosed purse. I'm sure he made more with sponsors, bonus, TV points etc..

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
The Bronze Bomber has made heavyweight boxing interesting again. He needs to fight Tyson Fury or Vlad Klitschko. I'm sure Deontay would win and it would be a great payday for him.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Pretty good payday for Wilder also. This is just his disclosed purse. I'm sure he made more with sponsors, bonus, TV points etc..

I guess that shows the state of boxing these days. It always seemed like the heavyweights made tens of millions with the biggest fights even inching into the hundreds of millions with the pay per view money. Still, 900,000 isn't a bad payday for punching someone in the face.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.