Re: *** 2017 DT Akial Byers Commits to Bama ***

Nice to see Dunbar as a positive on the recruiting trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I love it how Coach gets older and we seem to pull in better and better recruits. So much for him retiring any time soon.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Arkansas is said to have not offered yet because of grade questions....heard 'doable' thrown around a lot thus far

WPS

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 14, 2015

Is there a thought that should Arkansas offer, he may waffle or de-commit ?
Hard to tell since no one has really asked him about the situation. We did something similar with Chris Daniels last year who was at one point thought to really like Arkansas being originally from here but we didn't offer until January once his test scores came in and he ended up going to Texas. Byers does have several friends and former teammates on the team.

I will say that Alabama can afford to keep him on the commit list and probably has several other options if he doesn't work out but with him being a home town kid and us not having as many highly rated backup plans we have to be more careful with who we offer in-state to not burn any bridges. We've been one of the last to offer a number of in-state kids under Bielema.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Agreed but man I hate that...
Yep. Byers better buckle down and get academically eligible by mid semester of 2018 or we may never here his name again.

Getting Ray, Solomon and Mathis will help soothe the loss of Byers.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Yep. Byers better buckle down and get academically eligible by mid semester of 2018 or we may never here his name again.

Getting Ray, Solomon and Mathis will help soothe the loss of Byers.
Need 2/3 at least.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.