Is BJ Emmons on Campus? (Answer: Yes)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Is BJ on campus? :cool2: I haven't heard anything and we could really use him this fall.

(Sorry if wrong board.)

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: BJ Emmons

it's safe to say, Emmons was probably the most important freshmen coming in for this class. our RB depth was dangerously thin. even with Jacobs qualifying, Emmons from a physical standpoint is ready to play immediately.

I know we have Gore, but adding BJ into the equation was very beneficial.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

it's safe to say, Emmons was probably the most important freshmen coming in for this class. our RB depth was dangerously thin. even with Jacobs qualifying, Emmons from a physical standpoint is ready to play immediately.
Judging by the measurements in the media guide, Jacobs is ready, too. Both will have the chance to contribute this year.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

How are BJ's blocking skills? This normally dictates how early in their career that they get playing time...:cool2:

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

How re BJ's blocking skills? This normally dictates how early in their career that they get playing time...:cool2:
Their going to have to be sufficient unless one of the walk-on guys have really moved up. Right now RB is as thin as I can remember it in a LONG time. While ultra talented, there isn't the kind of depth you want.

So he may not be a polished pass blocker, but his number may get called anyways.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Their going to have to be sufficient unless one of the walk-on guys have really moved up. Right now RB is as thin as I can remember it in a LONG time. While ultra talented, there isn't the kind of depth you want.

So he may not be a polished pass blocker, but his number may get called anyways.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
There`s technique to be sure in blocking, but wanting to and taking pride in throwing a good block is very important too. If you`ve got the last two, the first will come, especially for athletes at this level.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

.........Right now RB is as thin as I can remember it in a LONG time. While ultra talented, there isn't the kind of depth you want.......
Sure we lack experience but we aren't as thin as you say. Having six RB's on scholarship isnt to shabby JMO

Bo Scarbrough - SO
Xavian Marks - SO
Damien Harris - SO
Ronnie Clark - SO
B.J. Emmons - FR
Joshua Jacobs - FR

walk-ons
Lawrence Erekosima - JR
Derrick Gore - JR

RBR story on this years RB unit
http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2016/7/...16-unit-previews-running-backs-spoiler-theyre

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sure we lack experience but we aren't as thin as you say. Having six RB's on scholarship isnt to shabby JMO

Bo Scarbrough - SO
Xavian Marks - SO
Damien Harris - SO
Ronnie Clark - SO
B.J. Emmons - FR
Joshua Jacobs - FR

walk-ons
Lawrence Erekosima - JR
Derrick Gore - JR

RBR story on this years RB unit
http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2016/7/...16-unit-previews-running-backs-spoiler-theyre
Marks isn't going to be an every down back. He's going to be a RB/WR type guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Marks isn't going to be an every down back. He's going to be a RB/WR type guy.

I agree he's just not built to carry the ball 15 plus times a game. What makes him special are his speed and allusiveness. We need to get him the ball in space. He'll be a weapon as well in the kicking game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I agree he's just not built to carry the ball 15 plus times a game. What makes him special are his speed and allusiveness. We need to get him the ball in space. He'll be a weapon as well in the kicking game.
So taking him and an injured Ronnie Clark out the equation, and the RB depth is pretty thin.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

So taking him and an injured Ronnie Clark out the equation, and the RB depth is pretty thin.

That still gives us 5 RB's in the playing rotation. How many RB's saw significant playing time last year?

Maybe we could start a positional depth thread on the FB board and keep this one on BJ Emmons. Sorry for the hijack

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

That still gives us 5 RB's in the playing rotation. How many RB's saw significant playing time last year?
Heres what i'm assuming may happen:
Bo Scarbrough - SO

Damien Harris - SO
Derrick Gore - JR
B.J. Emmons - FR

Change of pace/WR
Xavian Marks - SO

walk-ons
Derrick Gore - JR
Lawrence Erekosima - JR

Redshirt
Joshua Jacobs - FR or B.J. Emmons - FR (depends who makes the biggest impact in the summer)

Changing positions
Ronnie Clark - SO

So I'm thinking we will be 4 deep as far as a possible active roster. I think Jacobs has the potential to be a beast int the future. its going to take B.J. a minute to get up to speed so I wouldn't be surprised if Derrick Gore is number 3 in rotation when the season starts.

But back to the thread, happy that B.J. is on campus. He has a high upside if he can pick up the system and pass blocking schemes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.