Blog: My Venezuela Nightmare: A 30-day hunt for food in a starving land

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Anyone who can should cultivate a small garden in their back yard, if for no other reason than to better appreciate the effort and land required to grow all of the produce you see in your local grocery store. It is a staggering revelation.
I've been doing that since I was 19....I'm 57 now. I agree with you.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I would also suggest that everyone buy at least a couple of large plastic barrels for storing water. This is a wonderful time of year to collect it from your gutters and other runoff locations.
Be careful with that. It's illegal in certain states. No, I'm not kidding. Two seconds and Google and you'll be amazed.

And I don't mean "ye olde laws of yesteryear." I mean people being ticketed/fined for doing it within the past year.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Be careful with that. It's illegal in certain states. No, I'm not kidding. Two seconds and Google and you'll be amazed.

And I don't mean "ye olde laws of yesteryear." I mean people being ticketed/fined for doing it within the past year.
I think its illegal in Washington. I remember reading something about a family getting cited for that. Stupid ridiculousness abounds unfortunately. "We own the rain water." Ok...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I hate it for the people, I really do, but they need to revolt.
Yup, time to step up and make the government work for themselves. I'm sick of us dumping cash into various places around the world where it gets wasted / stolen and nothing changes. If the people really want to change things, they have the power - get up and do something about it.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Yup, time to step up and make the government work for themselves. I'm sick of us dumping cash into various places around the world where it gets wasted / stolen and nothing changes. If the people really want to change things, they have the power - get up and do something about it.
Like Washington DC? ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.