***** 2017 WR Jerry Jeudy Commits *****(arrived 1/10) - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: ***** 2017 WR Jerry Jeudy Commits *****(arrived 1/10)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Kind of surprised we're still pulling in elite WR recruits IRT the lack of downfield passes. Good news though. RTR.
    You're surprised that some recruits like winning more than individual stats. Where have you been the last 10 years? However, he and all other WR players and recruits will be catching plenty of down field throws in the future.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    You're surprised that some recruits like winning more than individual stats. Where have you been the last 10 years? However, he and all other WR players and recruits will be catching plenty of down field throws in the future.
    And they are being prepared for the pro game as well. If anyone needs proof just look at the examples we have in the NFL

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    And they are being prepared for the pro game as well. If anyone needs proof just look at the examples we have in the NFL
    Sure wish we could find another Julio Jones

BamaNation All-American

I have every expectation that a better down field game development will be a priority. The competition ( Tua, Jalen, Jones ) will be to see who is best at delivering it. As much as I respect what Jalen did this year, if he doesn`t improve his down field passing skills, IMO, it is far from a slam dunk that he will start next year.

***** 2017 WR Jerry Jeudy Commits *****(arrived 1/10)

My comment was forward looking and mostly tongue in cheek. Had nothing to do with the last 10 years. We lost the game yesterday, it's okay. Ease up..
    Last edited by CrimsonForce; January 10th, 2017 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    Sure wish we could find another Julio Jones
    Not many of those around.

My comment was forward looking and mostly tongue in cheek. Had nothing to do with the last 10 years. We lost the game yesterday, it's okay. Ease up..
    I get what you mean. We haven't thrown the ball down field that much this year, but we did the two previous years. The staff can sell recruits on that and say Jalen is still growing.

I don't find myself too surprised with WR and QB recruiting anymore after seeing what LSU gets every year and ends up actually doing with it.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

I don't find myself too surprised with WR and QB recruiting anymore after seeing what LSU gets every year and ends up actually doing with it.
    LOL LSU... Talking about not making full use of the talent of those WRs....

BamaNation Second Team Jay Hughes's Avatar

Not many of those around.

I get what you mean. We haven't thrown the ball down field that much this year, but we did the two previous years. The staff can sell recruits on that and say Jalen is still growing.

Actually, we looked a lot like LSU from the utilization of the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hughes View Post
    Actually, we looked a lot like LSU from the utilization of the QB position.
    That's just not true, but you keep thinking that.

Jalen threw for 2,780 yards this year. Since 2010, Zack Mettenberger in 2013 (3,263) is the only LSU QB to have more yards than Jalen did this year.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Second Team Jay Hughes's Avatar

That's just not true, but you keep thinking that.

Jalen threw for 2,780 yards this year. Since 2010, Zack Mettenberger in 2013 (3,263) is the only LSU QB to have more yards than Jalen did this year.
    I am referring to the last 2 games and the inability to even consider passing the ball beyond 10 yards. Talk to Ridley.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hughes View Post
    I am referring to the last 2 games and the inability to even consider passing the ball beyond 10 yards. Talk to Ridley.
    Lighten up Francis. We have a true freshman that was our best chance of winning and he won his first 14 games. It is going to take a minute to polish up the passing game and I'm sure he will get it done.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

You would think OJ would have been able to run a vertical jump ball(not in stride).

Now that I know it was mostly tongue and cheek I apologize for my comment. My point is we have 5* that don't play much until their senior year but they still come to win and to be part of the process. Nothing in Bama recruiting surprises me.