***** 2017 WR Jerry Jeudy Commits *****(arrived 1/10)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: ***** 2017 WR Jerry Jeudy Commits *****

Someone had asked in a separate thread if Jerry had reported and I just saw an article saying he is on campus.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Someone had asked in a separate thread if Jerry had reported and I just saw an article saying he is on campus.
Could you post the link? I cannot find anything on Jeudy and really thought he would be an early enrollee.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

have heard he is there, but not verified
247 sports has a list of the early enroll guys under commitments Jeudy is not listed.I am not sure how accurate it is but, if he did not enroll I hope he has not started to have a change in heart. Kid has great size we could certainly use him.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

I believe he is in the clearing house still before he can enroll. Should be here this week. He's all Bama no worries here!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Kind of surprised we're still pulling in elite WR recruits IRT the lack of downfield passes. Good news though. RTR.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Kind of surprised we're still pulling in elite WR recruits IRT the lack of downfield passes. Good news though. RTR.
You're surprised that some recruits like winning more than individual stats. Where have you been the last 10 years? However, he and all other WR players and recruits will be catching plenty of down field throws in the future.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
You're surprised that some recruits like winning more than individual stats. Where have you been the last 10 years? However, he and all other WR players and recruits will be catching plenty of down field throws in the future.
And they are being prepared for the pro game as well. If anyone needs proof just look at the examples we have in the NFL

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I have every expectation that a better down field game development will be a priority. The competition ( Tua, Jalen, Jones ) will be to see who is best at delivering it. As much as I respect what Jalen did this year, if he doesn`t improve his down field passing skills, IMO, it is far from a slam dunk that he will start next year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
My comment was forward looking and mostly tongue in cheek. Had nothing to do with the last 10 years. We lost the game yesterday, it's okay. Ease up..

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sure wish we could find another Julio Jones
Not many of those around.

My comment was forward looking and mostly tongue in cheek. Had nothing to do with the last 10 years. We lost the game yesterday, it's okay. Ease up..
I get what you mean. We haven't thrown the ball down field that much this year, but we did the two previous years. The staff can sell recruits on that and say Jalen is still growing.

I don't find myself too surprised with WR and QB recruiting anymore after seeing what LSU gets every year and ends up actually doing with it.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Not many of those around.

I get what you mean. We haven't thrown the ball down field that much this year, but we did the two previous years. The staff can sell recruits on that and say Jalen is still growing.

I don't find myself too surprised with WR and QB recruiting anymore after seeing what LSU gets every year and ends up actually doing with it.
Actually, we looked a lot like LSU from the utilization of the QB position.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Actually, we looked a lot like LSU from the utilization of the QB position.
That's just not true, but you keep thinking that.

Jalen threw for 2,780 yards this year. Since 2010, Zack Mettenberger in 2013 (3,263) is the only LSU QB to have more yards than Jalen did this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.