Police officer fired for flying a Confederate flag from her house.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
She didn't know the flag might be offensive to some people? I wouldn't want someone that out of touch to be carrying a gun.

I don't think she should have been fired. I would have told her to take it down and then have her make an apology. I get that this was her private property but anything that can diffuse tensions between the cops and blacks is a good thing.

I wonder if she really got fired over this one thing or if it had been building and the chief jumped at a chance to get rid of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
She didn't know the flag might be offensive to some people? I wouldn't want someone that out of touch to be carrying a gun.

I don't think she should have been fired. I would have told her to take it down and then have her make an apology. I get that this was her private property but anything that can diffuse tensions between the cops and blacks is a good thing.
This. I don't think it's something you should get fired over, but if you honestly don't understand the connotations of the Confederate flag in the South, you might need a different line of work. Now, if she was referring to the more recent connotations, such as Dylann Roof, that might be more understandable.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
She may, but I'm sure they have a clause about disparaging actions (not a lawyer) which might put it in their favor. We'll find out soon enough.

ETA: I wasn't commenting on the legal aspect to begin with anyway, just that doing what she did in this time is a stupid thing.
Sure, but admit it - even now that will be a tough sell in the courts...

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
She probably could have burned the American flag and been cool though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Would you guys have taken it down? Not related to her story but it happens... what would you do if your dept. said you couldn't visit any local bars?

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
This PC stuff is getting out of hand, her yard her flag.
Exactly. This country has gone way to far with this PC nonsense. Today it's the confederate flag. Tomorrow it could be something you enjoy. But hey, it offends some group so we must stop it.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
It's part of the indoctrination going on everywhere in this country nowdays. People are being told what they can think.

Nobody is going to tell me what to think. It just ain't gonna happen.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's part of the indoctrination going on everywhere in this country nowdays. People are being told what they can think.

Nobody is going to tell me what to think. It just ain't gonna happen.
i was in northwest alabama this past weekend and there was no shortage of confederate flags flying in peoples yards and on their cars. i guess they didn't get the memo

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
i was in northwest alabama this past weekend and there was no shortage of confederate flags flying in peoples yards and on their cars. i guess they didn't get the memo
Because there are still a few people out there that won't be told what to think. Just not enough of 'em in my opinion.

As Nancy Pelosi would admit, they're probably white males (Republican voters) who "vote against their own economic interests" because they haven't been indoctrinated in our liberal Universities and brow beaten about how much white guilt they should feel and how everything is their fault.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.