GA News: OnlineAthens - Teammates say graduate transfer OT Tyler Catalina adjusting well at UG

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
August 8th, 2016 06:11 PM

One week into Georgia’s preseason practices there hasn’t been any discernible movement on the offensive line that signal coaches have settled on how their starting unit will line up in the opener.
Coaches could still insert graduate transfer offensive tackle Tyler Catalina into the starting lineup, prompting left tackle Isaiah Wynn to slide over to left guard, but that hasn’t happened yet.
Catalina, who played three seasons at Rhode Island, is getting some first-team left tackle work but hasn’t cracked the starting five.
“We’re still doing the rotation with me at tackle and him rotating at tackle and me rotating at guard,” Wynn said Monday.
Coach Kirby Smart said entering preseason camp that Wynn would work about 60 percent of the time at left tackle and 40 percent at left guard, with Catalina and Kendall Baker rotating in at left tackle.
Wynn said he thinks that percentage is still about the same. Dyshon Sims is the left guard when Wynn is at left tackle in a line that includes center Brandon Kublanow, right guard Lamont Gaillard and right tackle Greg Pyke.
The 6-foot-6, 314-pound Catalina is a native of Worcester, Mass., who is practicing in the sweltering heat in Georgia in August for the first time.
“I think it is a challenge, the climate factor, but other than that he’s been doing great,” Wynn said. “If I was in his shoes, I’d be doing the same thing, especially with the heat. He’s been doing great knowing the plays and asking questions and ready to learn.”
Added Kublanow: “Obviously, the speed is different, it’s the SEC. He’s done a great job of adjusting. He’s had a great camp so far. We’ll see what happens.”
Offensive coordinator Jim Chaney brought up Wynn’s name when asked about playmakers even though the 6-foot-2, 288-pound Wynn doesn’t touch the ball at tackle.
“I think Wynn is a tremendous playmaker in the front,” Chaney said. “He is a lightweight kid with great feet and great football intellect and seldom gets beat. He makes plays when I don't expect him to and gets leverage on a D-lineman he shouldn't.”

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.