LSU LSU's 2016 season is off to a rough start after a five-star transfer surfaces
Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0

LSU's 2016 season is off to a rough start after a five-star transfer surfaces

So it's not great that the biggest headlines from LSU camp have been tied to the loss of potentially significant contributors. Presumed starting defensive end Christian LaCouture and reserve linebacker Isaiah Washington both went down with knee injuries on Sunday. According to the Associated Press and The Advocate, the injuries are expected to keep both players out for the entire 2016 season.

On Wednesday, senior outside linebacker Corey Thompson sustained a lower leg injury that, according to The Advocate, will likely cost him a few games, but not the entire season. Thompson, like LaCouture, was expected to be a starter in 2016.

Then on Thursday, [5*]wide receiver Tyron Johnson announced on Twitter that he had been granted his release and will transfer out of the program.
    http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...sfer-surfaces/

Interesting developments down in Red Stick...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Re: LSU's 2016 season is off to a rough start after a five-star transfer surfaces

He and his dad claim he wants to go to a more wide open offense. Practice reports indicate he's looking for a team where he's not being jumped by younger players and a walk-on.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Re: LSU's 2016 season is off to a rough start after a five-star transfer surfaces

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He and his dad claim he wants to go to a more wide open offense. Practice reports indicate he's looking for a team where he's not being jumped by younger players and a walk-on.
    Wasn't / Isn't he a true freshman? I thought they said that on the radio today. How is he being jumped by younger players? Not doubting what you're saying... just puzzling over the reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    Wasn't / Isn't he a true freshman? I thought they said that on the radio today. How is he being jumped by younger players? Not doubting what you're saying... just puzzling over the reasoning.
    He's a true sophomore. He played in a few games last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Dang..That's a a lot of talent gone in the blink of an eye..That's exactly why recruiting is the never ending process for all college football programs..

BamaNation All-American

What do yall think of LSU in 2016 ? Plenty of talent, but I'm still skeptical.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Dang..That's a a lot of talent gone in the blink of an eye..That's exactly why recruiting is the never ending process for all college football programs..
    And now with the SEC's shaky knee'd decision re: Mo Smith, we're going to be recruiting grad students, too.

Gotta keep mama and dada happy, as well.

Yeah, LSU may be in for a hard time this season if the injury bug keeps biting. Not to mention if the young talent starts offering.

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Well, now fournette is in a walking boot. Hoping it's minor and not a high ankle sprain that will stick with him for the season.

As for tyron Johnson, his work ethic wasn't good and he got beat out by others. In Les miles' offense, only 3 receivers play a role and LSU has a group of about 7 that can play, although 3 are true freshman. But, as Alabama and LSU have consistently shown, they can contribute.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar

I hope CLM stays at LSU forever...I love how predictable he has become.... if I'm calling plays sitting on the couch at the house I can only imagine what our defensive coaches are doing.