Link: OM's Expected Co-Starter at RB Ruled Academically Ineligible

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Ole Miss Rebels running back Jordan Wilkins has been declared academically ineligible for the 2016 season, the school announced Thursday morning.

Wilkins, a redshirt junior, rushed for 379 yards and four touchdowns last season. He was expected to be a "co-starter" this season.

According to the news release, Wilkins failed to meet the NCAA standards for progress toward a degree.

"An appeal was filed with the NCAA for Jordan's reinstatement based on an administrative error but was denied this week," the school's release said. "The athletics department takes full responsibility and holds itself accountable when situations like this occur with our student-athletes. We will support Jordan to the fullest during this time and look forward to seeing him return to the field."

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I love it..so the kid did his work, but there was an administrative error that's keeping him, a co-starting RB in the SEC off of the field? An administrative error?
Shoot, admit that the kid didn't make his grades and help him rather than claiming your admin staff is inept...and that you're OK with them falling on the sword...it's just a RB... Seriously?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
An appeal was filed with the NCAA for Jordan's reinstatement based on an administrative error but was denied this week," the school's release said.
I find this ironic.

Trying to get off easy from an un-dotted "i" when you got a kid who can't pass his "Introduction to Introductions" class.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I love it..so the kid did his work, but there was an administrative error that's keeping him, a co-starting RB in the SEC off of the field? An administrative error?
Shoot, admit that the kid didn't make his grades and help him rather than claiming your admin staff is inept...and that you're OK with them falling on the sword...it's just a RB... Seriously?
Ah, merely an attempt to show it was not cheating in recruiting but just administrative ineptness. Move along, move along.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Administrative error: when you submit the actual grades instead of the altered ones lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
It's not administrative error when a redshirt junior is not making the required progress toward his degree.

To me, this tells me that the NCAA is reviewing everything in the program. This issue is something they were likely to find. Ole Miss is having to clean out the basement in this process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Hearing he was not enrolled in enough hours/classes to stay eligible; major screw up by his handlers/advisors; if so.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Anybody remember who Wilkins was committed to before he got hurt his senior year in high school?
Will the coincidences never end?
Another member of the 2013 signing class. Interesting twist in his recruitment.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
He couldn't answer the question, "Who the hell are we ? "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Anybody remember who Wilkins was committed to before he got hurt his senior year in high school?
Will the coincidences never end?
Another member of the 2013 signing class. Interesting twist in his recruitment.
Committed to Auburn. Visits OM and backs off his commit to Auburn the very next day.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
"Administrative Error" probably means the AD employee responsible for monitoring his academics probably messed up and either forgot to tell anyone else in the department that he was short of hours or just didn't realize it. Nevertheless, the bottom line is that as a student it is ultimately your responsibility to know what you need to take. Can't always keep blaming others for your own shortcomings.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.