Dak and Dallas

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I have to say, I'm impressed in what I am seeing out of Dak. Is anyone else surprised about how good hes been looking this preseason? I always thought he was a good QB at MSU, but never really had much talent around him.

Romo better stay healthy, because if Dak gets in there and looks good, Romo might not ever play another down.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I have to say, I'm impressed in what I am seeing out of Dak. Is anyone else surprised about how good hes been looking this preseason? I always thought he was a good QB at MSU, but never really had much talent around him.

Romo better stay healthy, because if Dak gets in there and looks good, Romo might not ever play another down.
I don't wish any player any harm, but I doubt Romo makes it through the season. He has not proven to be too durable the last few years. I believe Dak will get his opportunity and I believe he will make the most of it.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

I saw a clip of Romo talking about Dak the other day, his comment just seemed weird to me, and I came away thinking that he was uncomfortable, that he was witnessing his eventual replacement

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
In two games Dak has thrown five incompletions and six touchdowns. He ended up with a perfect QB rating in the second game and is averaging a quarterback rating of 156.4 over the first two preseason games.

I'm impressed, he's crushing it.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i'm impressed. but lets see how he does when he gets his chance during the regular season. totally different animal. Like said above, very likely Romo will miss time at some point during the season.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Good for him, class guy and a great talent. Imagine what he could have done playing on a team with Bama's level of talent. Scary to think about.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Tony Romo is destined to follow the same path of Danny White, Craig Morton, and Don Meredith---he's put up flashy numbers, has had a long career with the franchise, and has a good overall record when leading the team, but he has always choked in the big games and could never win the Lombardi trophy. Dak has looked great and I think represents the future for the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Dak has been impressive. He has a very quick release and should do well in the NFL. It is a shame that a more talented guy like A.J. did not go to a team like Dallas.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Dak was incorrectly evaluated in my opinion. He had some things to work on but he wasn't the project Tebow was for an NFL offense. His throwing motion had less to fix than Tebow's almost baseball-like (in retrospect lol) throwing motion.

Edit: In fact, most of Dak's problems started with his base and not the arm mechanics. Sometimes he just didn't get his feet set correctly for the kind of throw he was attempting therefore throws got away from him or one hopped.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Dak was incorrectly evaluated in my opinion. He had some things to work on but he wasn't the project Tebow was for an NFL offense. His throwing motion had less to fix than Tebow's almost baseball-like (in retrospect lol) throwing motion.

Edit: In fact, most of Dak's problems started with his base and not the arm mechanics. Sometimes he just didn't get his feet set correctly for the kind of throw he was attempting therefore throws got away from him or one hopped.
My exact words to my HUGE Cowboys fan girlfriend last night were, "He's Tebow without the horrible throwing motion".

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I thought Dak looked more comfortable running a Pro Style Offense than he did running that high school offense at Miss St that got him nearly killed tucking in the football & running for yards..

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Watching the highlights from the last two games, they look like Donovan McNabb highlights from 12 years ago. Great when the pocket breaks down, and a huge arm.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Dak has looked incredible and when Romo retires or gets injured again he'll get his opportunity and will play a long time IMO.
However, as long as Romo is walking upright and making 18 miliion a year, he's Jerry's number one QB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.