*** John Petty SIGNS with Alabama ****

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: John Petty OV

I'm sure word will eventually start to leak out a little bit about his visit. However, he wasn't expected to commit on the trip since his announcement isn't until November or December.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

What did elite hoops recruit John Petty think of his visit to Alabama?

The state's top basketball recruit for 2017 came away impressed after his official visit to Alabama this past weekend.

Mae Jemison senior guard/forward John Petty toured the campus and met with second-year Crimson Tide coach Avery Johnson.

"He just basically laid it all out on the line," said Petty, the reigning Alabama Mr. Basketball. "He said what he was expecting to overcome as a program. He told me how he's going to build it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Sounds like CAJ and staff made a very good impression on him. Hope he is the first whale of several whales to sign with us.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

I am sure there are people on here who have more info than I do, but I heard he tried to commit to UK, but they told him to hold off. Apparently he is lower on their board, and they want to wait and see who they get.

I know UK has been a one and done factory, but those kids came to UK NBA ready. Cal didn't really develop them. If your are NBA ready, the NBA will find you regardless of where you play your college ball. Coach Johnson will develop you as a player and person and he could be part of something special, where at UK he'll be just another player. He could very easily be buried on the bench and get very few minutes. At Bama, he'll could be the focal point.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

I am sure there are people on here who have more info than I do, but I heard he tried to commit to UK, but they told him to hold off. Apparently he is lower on their board, and they want to wait and see who they get.

I know UK has been a one and done factory, but those kids came to UK NBA ready. Cal didn't really develop them. If your are NBA ready, the NBA will find you regardless of where you play your college ball. Coach Johnson will develop you as a player and person and he could be part of something special, where at UK he'll be just another player. He could very easily be buried on the bench and get very few minutes. At Bama, he'll could be the focal point.
Wouldn't shock me to hear that, and ain't if funny that we say this about UK basketball, when every other team tells recruits the same thing about us when it comes to football LOL!!! I haven't heard anything lately, but what I have heard is that it's down to Bama and UK, and we have taken a slight lead. TIFWIW.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Wouldn't shock me to hear that, and ain't if funny that we say this about UK basketball, when every other team tells recruits the same thing about us when it comes to football LOL!!! I haven't heard anything lately, but what I have heard is that it's down to Bama and UK, and we have taken a slight lead. TIFWIW.
I certainly hope so. I have a feeling this will be an epic recruiting class.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

I saw an update n Twitter from the Kentucky side. It said that Petty is a top priority for them.

I hope he is smart enough to know he can go pro by playing at Bama as quickly as he can UK with Coach Johnson's connections. He'll be able to have a successful life after basketball in the state as well. At UK, he'll be just another kid who played for them, but here he could be the lynchpin in making us and him great. Coach Johnson can develop his game where I don't think he'll get any better as a player for Cal. People who know hoops don't think much of his coaching. He can recruit great talent, and lives off of that, but development is more important in the long run for having a long NBA career. Getting to the NBA is one thing, Staying is another.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

There are way too many rumors and speculation out there in this town regarding JP and I keep hearing same thing. It seem like a good new, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it until I see it for myself. I don't know if the rumor about KY not wanting Petty to announce in November and wanted him to hold it off played any role in this. We'll have to wait and see.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

There are way too many rumors and speculation out there in this town regarding JP and I keep hearing same thing. It seem like a good new, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it until I see it for myself. I don't know if the rumor about KY not wanting Petty to announce in November and wanted him to hold it off played any role in this. We'll have to wait and see.
I did see where he is taking an official visit there before he announces so who knows at this point? I still feel really good about Bama though

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

John Petty will not visit Kentucky this weekend per Cecil Hurt. Petty plans to reschedule later, but I don't see how... We'll see if Petty will pull the trigger or not.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.