Link: 'Oppressed' Kaepernick acting like a punk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
So who exactly is Colin K talking about here? And btw, 93-39 means 54 were another race - most of them WHITE, in fact. Does this not overturn the entire narrative? Oh and btw, the whites killed by cops were ALSO primarily resisting arrest. And let's be honest - not ALL of these 39 dead black people were killed by WHITE cops, either.

I wonder why white people don't exercise their right of free speech and peaceful assembly to demonstrate and block streets when an unarmed white person is killed? Why is the white unarmed person not headline news for days and days?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
But some do. And that's the sad part of it. He isn't really making a statement. One thing he talks about is the same ole thing BLM talks about. But they are dead silent when it comes to BoB crime.

Boy, 9 years old in Chicago executed by gang members. All are quiet on the home front. This fake outrage has to stop.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Fake outrage makes good TV....and someone is floating the bills

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
From Wikipedia:

Kaepernick was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to Heidi Russo, a 19-year-old woman who was single and destitute at the time. His birth father, an African American, was out of the picture before he was born.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] Russo placed her son for adoption with Rick and Teresa Kaepernick, a white couple who had two children—son Kyle and daughter Devon—and were looking for a boy after having lost two other sons to heart defects.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] Kaepernick became the youngest of their three children. He lived in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, until age four, and attended grade school in Turlock, California.[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP]

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I wish he had channeled his anger in a more appropriate direction. Quit football and go to work at a place that helps underprivileged kids get oriented in the right direction, donate his salary for this year to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.

While I share his outrage at innocent people being killed by cops, the United States did not do that and the United States gives more people more opportunity than any country in the world. Plus the head of state and the head of government of the country represented by the flag happens to be an African-American. His "protest" just seems really misdirected.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wish he had channeled his anger in a more appropriate direction. Quit football and go to work at a place that helps underprivileged kids get oriented in the right direction, donate his salary for this year to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.

While I share his outrage at innocent people being killed by cops, the United States did not do that and the United States gives more people more opportunity than any country in the world. Plus the head of state and the head of government of the country represented by the flag happens to be an African-American. His "protest" just seems really misdirected.
And just like the president, he had a white mother and a useless black father and was raised by a white couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

No one ever accused him of being the sharpest knife in the drawer. A lot of his behaviors have been clearly self-destructive...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Next year (or sooner) he won't have to worry about it. They will be playing O'Canada before each kickoff at his next gig.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
No one ever accused him of being the sharpest knife in the drawer. A lot of his behaviors have been clearly self-destructive...
I think Michael Jordan showed how to use your wealth and position to try and get the country out of the funk it is in. He wrote an open letter and donated some of this money to organizations he feels will help the situation.
Michael Jordan said:
“I was raised by parents who taught me to love and respect people regardless of their race or background, so I am saddened and frustrated by the divisive rhetoric and racial tensions that seem to be getting worse as of late. I know this country is better than that, and I can no longer stay silent. We need to find solutions that ensure people of color receive fair and equal treatment AND that police officers – who put their lives on the line every day to protect us all – are respected and supported.
Then he gave $1 million each to:
The Int'l Assoc. of Chiefs of Police’s newly established Institute for Community-Police Relations and
The NAACP Legal Defense Fund.

This is not a solution, but it is a step in the right direction. Here a wealthy former athlete leverages his fame to call attention to an issue and using his money to help solve the problem. He did not feel a need to bad-mouth his country or aim his outrage in the wrong direction.

I think Jordan's act is more appropriate than Kaepernick's and I don't think Jordan's act has gotten the attention it deserves.

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
The only thing I agree with him on is this (this was from an interview he did today, I believe): a hairdresser has more schooling than a police officer.

Apparently, it only takes a few months to become a police officer. This does seem kinda crazy, and I had no idea until recently that you could become an officer in that short amount of time.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The only thing I agree with him on is this (this was from an interview he did today, I believe): a hairdresser has more schooling than a police officer.

Apparently, it only takes a few months to become a police officer. This does seem kinda crazy, and I had no idea until recently that you could become an officer in that short amount of time.
It takes 19 weeks to become a police officer, but those are not 830-3pm classes, either. You also have to pass a mental evaluation, background check, physical, and then you have about a year of SUPERVISED field training (you're not turned loose on your own). You can get cosmetology in as little as eight months or as much as two years depending.

Furthermore, that's kind of a stupid analogy anyway Colin K is making. We could argue that technically it only takes 12 weeks to turn a person into a killing machine for the US Marines.

And what is meant by 'more schooling?' This is where there's a huge difference in book learning and street smarts.

And again - this argument ASSUMES what has yet to be proven - that there's this massive epidemic of rogue cops shooting unarmed blacks at random. That very central point is simply not true by any stretch of the imagination. What we have here is a protester without a genuine cause to protest.

This is what upsets me about the media in this country (and I include 'social media' in that). About a year ago there was this huge massive cry and hub-bub about people afraid to go to the ER because they might get Ebola. We had ONE FATAL CASE of it. ONE!!!

You're FAR MORE LIKELY to get and die from the every day common flu, but nobody is protesting that.

Let me bring it right down to my own job - there were FIFTY-SIX blood transfusion related fatalities in 2014 (FDA and CDC are still investigating 2015). Even if we assume that every single one of those 39 unarmed black people killed by police was an arbitrary innocent and the cops lied (and most of them were resisting arrest), you still have more people dying from blood transfusions than from cops killing unarmed black people.

And then remember there are a reported 440,000 deaths annually attributed to flawed medical care - and that number is probably under-reported.

Quite frankly - a black person is far more likely to be killed accidentally by his or her doctor than intentionally by a cop. So I reiterate - what 'oppression' is Colin talking about? He's talking dead bodies in the streets.

Which dead bodies? Which black lives? And why the concern about the one and not the other?

Btw - for anyone who doesn't know - it takes a WHOLE LOT LONGER to be even a general practitioner than it does a cosmetologist or cop.

tidegrandpa

All-American
It takes 19 weeks to become a police officer, but those are not 830-3pm classes, either. You also have to pass a mental evaluation, background check, physical, and then you have about a year of SUPERVISED field training (you're not turned loose on your own). You can get cosmetology in as little as eight months or as much as two years depending.

Furthermore, that's kind of a stupid analogy anyway Colin K is making. We could argue that technically it only takes 12 weeks to turn a person into a killing machine for the US Marines.

And what is meant by 'more schooling?' This is where there's a huge difference in book learning and street smarts.

And again - this argument ASSUMES what has yet to be proven - that there's this massive epidemic of rogue cops shooting unarmed blacks at random. That very central point is simply not true by any stretch of the imagination. What we have here is a protester without a genuine cause to protest.

This is what upsets me about the media in this country (and I include 'social media' in that). About a year ago there was this huge massive cry and hub-bub about people afraid to go to the ER because they might get Ebola. We had ONE FATAL CASE of it. ONE!!!

You're FAR MORE LIKELY to get and die from the every day common flu, but nobody is protesting that.

Let me bring it right down to my own job - there were FIFTY-SIX blood transfusion related fatalities in 2014 (FDA and CDC are still investigating 2015). Even if we assume that every single one of those 39 unarmed black people killed by police was an arbitrary innocent and the cops lied (and most of them were resisting arrest), you still have more people dying from blood transfusions than from cops killing unarmed black people.

And then remember there are a reported 440,000 deaths annually attributed to flawed medical care - and that number is probably under-reported.

Quite frankly - a black person is far more likely to be killed accidentally by his or her doctor than intentionally by a cop. So I reiterate - what 'oppression' is Colin talking about? He's talking dead bodies in the streets.

Which dead bodies? Which black lives? And why the concern about the one and not the other?

Btw - for anyone who doesn't know - it takes a WHOLE LOT LONGER to be even a general practitioner than it does a cosmetologist or cop.
A friend of mine filled out an app for a small coastal resort town's fire emergency and police dispatcher. Since it was a police position, his employment application was 84 pages long, wanting to know all immediate family and immediate in law names, who he was indebted to and a lot of personal stuff a company will not or can not ask.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You don't have to answer if you don't want, and I don't want to me nosy. :tongue: But why do you not do that?
And I FULLY support his right to not do so. Furthermore, I'm as hesitant about enforced patriotism as I am enforced public prayer despite being an evangelical Christian. And many times the people who shout the loudest about this never served a day in the military or sacrificially. It's sorta like how I'm skeptical of the people who shout the loudest about 'law and order' as politicians. I'm in favor of all those things, but it often seems to me that the loudest voices are trying to deceive others AND persuade themselves.

So I'm NOT averse to Kaepernick protesting, but he doesn't have much of a protest here.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If I'm not mistaken, Coffee comes from a military family (my sister met him at Eglin AFB a few years ago).

But I don't even go there with hit. Part of my protest is also because of the whole Dixie flag thing as I have Native American ancestry (Cherokee) on my father's side.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.