Link: 'Oppressed' Kaepernick acting like a punk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Tweet from Jerry Rice...

All lives matter. So much going on in this world today.Can we all just get along! Colin,I respect your stance but don't disrespect the Flag.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What does someone look like when "they're looking at you like you about to steal something"? Harrison may be seeing what he wants to (or thinks he should) see. Plus, somebody watching doesn't necessarily have anything to do with race.

Kaepernick doesn't have to be any particular race to believe the United States of America is oppressing black people and others (people of color?).
One of my favorite tweets about Harrison yesterday basically said that if he had paid that much attention to detail involving David Tyree in the Super Bowl, the Patriots would have finished unbeaten.

Couldn't stop laughing at that one.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
What does someone look like when "they're looking at you like you about to steal something"? Harrison may be seeing what he wants to (or thinks he should) see. Plus, somebody watching doesn't necessarily have anything to do with race.

Kaepernick doesn't have to be any particular race to believe the United States of America is oppressing black people and others (people of color?).

Agreed. I mean I'm sure store employees figured former Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle had a few thousand dollars in his pocket when he got caught stealing underwear and cologne from the mall.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
A very blunt column, which may be distressing for some (trigger warning):

http://spectator.org/the-social-justice-bench-warmer/

The Kaepernick story isn’t on the surface a political one, but underneath it’s a classic case of the Left’s weaponized failure. It’s a smoke screen for incompetence, laziness, and mendacity, which are the hallmarks of everything they do.
One silver lining out of this mess — at least from now on people will stop blaming Jessica Simpson for ruining Tony Romo. She’s been exposed as small potatoes.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
The bar for "oppression" sure is getting low.

I'm not suggesting we have a perfect society, or that we have all the freedoms we should, but claiming Americans are oppressed is laughable.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It's almost like he wants to get released. If I were the GM I would do him one better and trade this prima donna fool to the Cleveland Browns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha. How can you trade someone that no one wants?
They can't trade him because of his cap number. There's not another team dumb enough to pay him for what the deal the 49ers signed him to..

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The bar for "oppression" sure is getting low.

I'm not suggesting we have a perfect society, or that we have all the freedoms we should, but claiming Americans are oppressed is laughable.
It's sorta like people who do believe in justice but would never hashtag BLM in a million years. Of course, these folks obviously DON'T think BLM, right? Of course not. But it shows how much we've changed since the 90s. Back then, "Seinfeld" would make an episode of Kramer doing an AIDS walk but refusing to wear a ribbon and the clowns would try to force him to wear the ribbon.

Back then we laughed at this stuff - now we subsidize and cultivate it.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Colin Kaepernick’s jersey sales have surged in the past three weeks, moving from 20th to first place on the San Francisco 49ers team online shop. Kaepernick’s jersey has also jumped to the third highest-selling jersey on the NFL Shop site, as well, ahead of all pros like New England’s Tom Brady and Pittsburgh’s Antonio Brown. Only New York Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. and Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott have sold more over the same time span.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonog...sulted-in-surge-of-jersey-sales/#5da9d1bf6fd0

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Now a Navy petty officer is getting in on the act.
"I feel like a hypocrite singing about the 'land of the free' when I know that only applies to some Americans," she wrote. "I will gladly stand again, when ALL AMERICANS are afforded the same freedom."
I do not think this will end well for her. Of course, there are thoughtless people who will say it is her right as an African-American not to stand during the national anthem, and when she gets separated from the Navy, that decision will be decried as "racist."
Then again, there may be some who will say the Navy is "acting stupidly" in this case and let his disobedience stand.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Now a Navy petty officer is getting in on the act.
I do not think this will end well for her. Of course, there are thoughtless people who will say it is her right as an African-American not to stand during the national anthem, and when she gets separated from the Navy, that decision will be decried as "racist."
Then again, there may be some who will say the Navy is "acting stupidly" in this case and let his disobedience stand.
Now let me ask the obvious question - what FREEDOM does SHE not have?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
If I'm not mistaken we all have the freedom to act aggressive with the police: run, resist arrest, cuss them, and pull a weapon that gets us shot most of us just choose not to take that path.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.