2016-2017 Coaching Carousel

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm not saying Miles and Cameron don't deserve to be fired. Les has greatly under-achieved his recruiting. Cam Cameron has been abysmal developing QBs. And the clock management on that last drive looked like pee-wee league.

But what do they gain by doing it now? They throw in the towel on the season, trash any hope of a dignified ending (I know, I know...dignity is in short supply in Baton Rouge on the best days), trash the seniors' season and Fournette's swan song, and for what?

Firing Miles and Cameron now would be a childish temper tantrum in response to a disappointing loss. Yeah, it might feel good in the moment, but the next 60-90 days are really gonna be difficult, and you have no idea what's on the other end of it.

Wait until the week of the last regular-season game, announce that there will be a change at the end of the season, and give it at least some semblance of consideration and order.
I agree totally, its not like this move is going to save recruiting for them as well. They would have had a better chance at keeping a decent class if they waited towards the end of the season. I'm still thinking they already got who they want lined up though. BUT if they can't announce it now ... whats the point?

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
Dang...Les is good to have around....what other SEC school would be the best fit for him if he could land anywhere?
MSU maybe? TAM? AU?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I don't know whether to call Coach O "Boom" or "Yaw Yaw." This will be interesting.

Dumpster Fire!!! They should have fired him last year but did not have the guts to do their job.

Last edited:

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
My guess is Orgeron will be able to fire up the team and get them to play at a higher level. Would have rather seen them tank a whole season with Miles and Cameron at the helm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatsamatta U

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Athens, AL
On ESPN ticker now, giving per the Advocate article. Should make for some interesting discussion on Sports Center later.

Last edited:

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Another coach processed. Who thought in 2007 that Nick Saban would be at Alabama longer than any other SEC coach at their schools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Had they lost, would these two men have been fired? I assume not... so their decision to fire their head coach came down to the decisions and actions of the in-the-stadium clock operator and the folks in Instant Replay HQ in Birmingham. Wow.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.