2016-2017 Coaching Carousel

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
On the game last night (can't remember which one, LOL) the announcers were discussing whether Les and/or Gus were coaching for their job ...... and they both did not think so. I just shook my head and thought "you guys are not from around here, are you?" Looks like I was right.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I said to my buddies last night that before the game I figured it was a "coaching hot seat loser-leave-town" sort of game. Turns out I was right.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
My guess is Orgeron will be able to fire up the team and get them to play at a higher level. Would have rather seen them tank a whole season with Miles and Cameron at the helm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we are lucky they will hire him permanently

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I didn't think lsu could afford to fire Les, at least that is what some have claimed. Is this another example of people in charge saying screw the states finances as long as we got us a football coach?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm not saying Miles and Cameron don't deserve to be fired. Les has greatly under-achieved his recruiting. Cam Cameron has been abysmal developing QBs. And the clock management on that last drive looked like pee-wee league.

But what do they gain by doing it now? They throw in the towel on the season, trash any hope of a dignified ending (I know, I know...dignity is in short supply in Baton Rouge on the best days), trash the seniors' season and Fournette's swan song, and for what?

Firing Miles and Cameron now would be a childish temper tantrum in response to a disappointing loss. Yeah, it might feel good in the moment, but the next 60-90 days are really gonna be difficult, and you have no idea what's on the other end of it.

Wait until the week of the last regular-season game, announce that there will be a change at the end of the season, and give it at least some semblance of consideration and order.
If you live for any time amongst them, you`d understand. They`ve been even more irrational than before since CNS came to us and started beating them on a regular basis.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm not saying Miles and Cameron don't deserve to be fired. Les has greatly under-achieved his recruiting. .
No they really do deserve to be fired, but I think some people in the athletic Dept and BOT should be joining them because Cameron's offense has been a huge and obvious problem since he got there

Cam Cameron has been abysmal everywhere.
FIFY
But what do they gain by doing it now? They throw in the towel on the season, trash any hope of a dignified ending (I know, I know...dignity is in short supply in Baton Rouge on the best days), trash the seniors' season and Fournette's swan song, and for what?

The gain out of this is that they can start working numbers faster for big time coaches, and get a better feel on things before jobs like aTm or Texas open up.

Firing Miles and Cameron now would be a childish temper tantrum in response to a disappointing loss. Yeah, it might feel good in the moment, but the next 60-90 days are really gonna be difficult, and you have no idea what's on the other end of it.

Wait until the week of the last regular-season game, announce that there will be a change at the end of the season, and give it at least some semblance of consideration and order.
Again by doing that you are banking on coaches like Sumlin and Strong keeping their job. LSU cant play ball with the big bucks, so they need strong feelers to see what certain coaches wants are.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I didn't think lsu could afford to fire Les, at least that is what some have claimed. Is this another example of people in charge saying screw the states finances as long as we got us a football coach?
He will be owed $6.4MM plus the remainder of this year's salary, from what I hear. How much of that is paid by the state vs. other sources, I do not know. Many coaches have a majority of their salary paid by other sources through connected contracts.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
He will be owed $6.4MM plus the remainder of this year's salary, from what I hear. How much of that is paid by the state vs. other sources, I do not know. Many coaches have a majority of their salary paid by other sources through connected contracts.
Likely most is from other sources. Most states have caps on what employees can be paid.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Also since we're talking the coaching carousel and LSU going ahead and making this move, I'm thinking ol Gus bus doesn't make it to the Iron Bowl.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Pretty sure LSU's athletic department - especially football - supports itself.
That is what I was assuming before, but several have stated they were afraid to pull the trigger under those conditions. I suppose it was just really bad PR and politics under that climate. I suppose losses to Whisky and AU have changed the climate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.