JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Rumors changes all the time. But as of now, I feel like we could see Strong going to LSU as HC, if Ed dont' get the job, or he could end up on Florida staff as DC. Lot of talk about Chip Kelly going back to Oregon as well.
If LSWho hires Strong as their HC, the fanbase would put the President, BOT and Alleva in front of a firing squad IMO.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Rumors changes all the time. But as of now, I feel like we could see Strong going to LSU as HC, if Ed dont' get the job, or he could end up on Florida staff as DC. Lot of talk about Chip Kelly going back to Oregon as well.
If LSU hires strong over even over coach Oeaux then they are stupid. Charlie doesn't speak the language or have the X's and O's skills to have the instant or temporary success that is needed to hold off the inevitable Dinardo era from coming back. Charlie is likely to be a defensive coordinator somewhere next year. I would say maybe him and Kiffin to Oregon would be a good fit for both of them.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If LSU hires strong over even over coach Oeaux then they are stupid. Charlie doesn't speak the language or have the X's and O's skills to have the instant or temporary success that is needed to hold off the inevitable Dinardo era from coming back. Charlie is likely to be a defensive coordinator somewhere next year. I would say maybe him and Kiffin to Oregon would be a good fit for both of them.
Kiffin won't go to Oregon.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
How about Petrino to LSU?
Now that auburn is apparently off the table then Petrineaux to LSU could be possible. Still think Fisher is their dream candidate for the HC job. If Orgeron were to win out or beat Arkansas, Florida and TAMU does he get the job? While I think he deserves the opportunity, I just can't see LSU's ego allowing them to take him.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
LSU wants--and needs--a homerun hire where they open up the checkbook. It is a top 10 college football coaching job. Coach O is a recycled coach that does not fit that bill. But who am I to give LSU advice? This 40 something guy would do cartwheels in the streets naked if they would promote Coach Yaw Yaw to the permanent position.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
LSU wants--and needs--a homerun hire where they open up the checkbook. It is a top 10 college football coaching job. Coach O is a recycled coach that does not fit that bill. But who am I to give LSU advice? This 40 something guy would do cartwheels in the streets naked if they would promote Coach Yaw Yaw to the permanent position.
Coach Oeaux is making it hard on Alleva because its realistically possible for him to get them to the sugar or cotton bowl.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Now that auburn is apparently off the table then Petrineaux to LSU could be possible. Still think Fisher is their dream candidate for the HC job. If Orgeron were to win out or beat Arkansas, Florida and TAMU does he get the job? While I think he deserves the opportunity, I just can't see LSU's ego allowing them to take him.
The thing I'm seeing is there is a shift in fan support in favor of keeping him. That could all change next Saturday, but a win is almost an instant contract. If I was Alleva, if Oeaux makes it to a New Year's Day 6 bowl and jimbo and Herman aren't coming, sign him for 2 years. But I agree with most on the thread I posted a few weeks back that beating us is almost a must for any chance of them signing him. That's what really makes it very dangerous for us next week.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've seen a contingent of the LSU fan base on Twitter pushing for PJ Fleck from Western Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The thing I'm seeing is there is a shift in fan support in favor of keeping him. That could all change next Saturday, but a win is almost an instant contract. If I was Alleva, if Oeaux makes it to a New Year's Day 6 bowl and jimbo and Herman aren't coming, sign him for 2 years. But I agree with most on the thread I posted a few weeks back that beating us is almost a must for any chance of them signing him. That's what really makes it very dangerous for us next week.
I agree. Of course we know all too well what happens when the administration yields to the fans' choice.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I agree. Of course we know all too well what happens when the administration yields to the fans' choice.
Honestly they should've kept their mouths shut last year, and not let the president and governor the opportunity to influence the decision and fired miles after the aTm game like UGA did Richt. They would be in a more favorable position to get who they wanted. Now they are in a position to realistically go 0-2 on their top picks and be in a situation to hiring a lesser name and an interim coach that is a home town guy coaching them to a sugar or cotton bowl game. Oeaux might be their best option at this point.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
If Coach O goes 3-1 vs Bama, Ark, Fla and A&M; high probability he is in. If one of those 3 wins is Bama(not happening IMO) for sure.
I think he will go 2-2 and make it a tough call, depending on who else is available.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
LSU didn't fire Les after four games because they wanted to promote Coach O. They wanted to get a jump on getting the best big name.

If they end up promoting him that's a failure, IMO. It means they couldn't land whoever they wanted and misplayed the situation.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
LSU didn't fire Les after four games because they wanted to promote Coach O. They wanted to get a jump on getting the best big name.

If they end up promoting him that's a failure, IMO. It means they couldn't land whoever they wanted and misplayed the situation.
It's already a failure by that standard. I say they have zero chance of landing Herman, and that leaves Jimbo Fisher as their next choice?

Is that REALLY any better than Les?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
It's already a failure by that standard. I say they have zero chance of landing Herman, and that leaves Jimbo Fisher as their next choice?

Is that REALLY any better than Les?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I would say he is, and I think they would take JF in a new york second if they could get him. Supposedly FSU has locked Jimbo down though with committments to upgrade facilities and pay his assistants more. At least that's what I've heard and read in other places...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.