Notre DameBrian VanGorder, DC
LSUCam Cameron, OC
Ole MissDave Wommack, DC

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Notre Dame fires DC Brian Van Gorder.
I knew this was coming after Kelly gave him a "vote of confidence" after last week's loss. Follow that up with this loss to Duke and someone has to go.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
And another one could happen tomorrow:
Les Miles and Cam Cameron could be fired as soon as Monday.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_53f1a66a-8357-11e6-9401-c7a5b0a63245.html?sr_source=lift_amplify

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_53f1a66a-8357-11e6-9401-c7a5b0a63245.html?sr_source=lift_amplify
Kinda figured this would come up this season, just didn't think it would be this soon. Its a tricky situation though ... the only way the can salvage the season is by qualifying for a bowl game and winning that. But right now, they are on a slippery slope of losing the program if they make the wrong move. I'm thinking they won't fire Les without having the coach they want already "agreeing" in principle to come in at the end of the season.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
^From a confirmed account so should be legit unless he was hacked..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Sounds believable. No sense in dragging out the inevitable.

TJ-LSU Dad ought to be happy. Maybe he will grace us by making an appearance.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I'm not saying Miles and Cameron don't deserve to be fired. Les has greatly under-achieved his recruiting. Cam Cameron has been abysmal developing QBs. And the clock management on that last drive looked like pee-wee league.

But what do they gain by doing it now? They throw in the towel on the season, trash any hope of a dignified ending (I know, I know...dignity is in short supply in Baton Rouge on the best days), trash the seniors' season and Fournette's swan song, and for what?

Firing Miles and Cameron now would be a childish temper tantrum in response to a disappointing loss. Yeah, it might feel good in the moment, but the next 60-90 days are really gonna be difficult, and you have no idea what's on the other end of it.

Wait until the week of the last regular-season game, announce that there will be a change at the end of the season, and give it at least some semblance of consideration and order.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm not saying Miles and Cameron don't deserve to be fired. Les has greatly under-achieved his recruiting. Cam Cameron has been abysmal developing QBs. And the clock management on that last drive looked like pee-wee league.

But what do they gain by doing it now? They throw in the towel on the season, trash any hope of a dignified ending (I know, I know...dignity is in short supply in Baton Rouge on the best days), trash the seniors' season and Fournette's swan song, and for what?

Firing Miles and Cameron now would be a childish temper tantrum in response to a disappointing loss. Yeah, it might feel good in the moment, but the next 60-90 days are really gonna be difficult, and you have no idea what's on the other end of it.

Wait until the week of the last regular-season game, announce that there will be a change at the end of the season, and give it at least some semblance of consideration and order.
To be fair, they've been considering this for about 10 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Not gonna lie, I will miss Les Miles coaching in the SEC. Seems like a great guy and he is always entertaining. I hope he lands a job at a good place.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.