Taking the plunge

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Congrats!! I'm just over 32 years into married life, & am a BIG fan of it.

BTW, you said 49 like that's old. I can remember being 49, but doing so tests the limits of my memory. :biggrin:

Wishing you many years of marital bliss!

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I don't consider 49 old, but it is a little far along for a first marriage.
It may be far along, but much better than having three or four bad marriages under your belt. You were holding out for the right one. Congratulations and I wish y'all a lifetime of happiness with each other.

After 49 years of bachelorhood, I am getting married this Saturday to a lady my age who has also never been married. I'll be away from the boards for a couple of weeks as we go on our honeymoon. I would tell you that I'll think of you all during that time, but I can't lie well enough to pull it off. Bad news - I'll miss the game this Saturday. Good news - It's only Kentucky.

Wish me luck.

Before you ask, yes, she is a Bama fan. I'm not a heathen, you know.

And no, I don't need an instruction manual. Thanks for the offer, though. :cool:
Congrats BC!! Good luck! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Here I am freaking out because I'm 30 and not married. There's still hope for me yet. Seriously, though I haven't decided if I ever want to get married. I know I don't want kids so that may damper things. My mom always said you will change your mind when you meet the right one. Thing is I don't know of a man that would want to put up me. :)

Congrats for real. God bless you both!

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
BC, there are only 6 words you need to memorize for a happy marriage:

You're right. I'm wrong. I'm sorry.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Here I am freaking out because I'm 30 and not married. There's still hope for me yet. Seriously, though I haven't decided if I ever want to get married. I know I don't want kids so that may damper things. My mom always said you will change your mind when you meet the right one. Thing is I don't know of a man that would want to put up me. :)

Congrats for real. God bless you both!
I had fully accepted lifelong bachelorhood and was content. A year ago at a gospel bluegrass singing, we met for the first time (I tell everyone we met in a pasture - it's true). Funny thing, the group she was playing with needed a guitar player and I was looking for a group. Chance, fate, or divine intervention, we hit it off immediately. I'm a better man with her, and she seems content to be with me.

Your husband is out there somewhere, J4B. Just give him time to find you.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Heartfelt congratulations to you both. Given how long you two waited to tie the knot, the following might not apply, but I'll share it anyway.....I read somewhere a woman gets married expecting the man to change, but he doesn't. A man gets married expecting the woman to not change, but she does. So if you two can master that conundrum, you got it made!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Took me to 45 and the third try to get it right, but, man, did I ever, and it's lasted 30 years so far. Best of luck to the both of you...

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Time to leave the bachelor pad for the last time now, the location is a 30 minute drive from here and I need to grab a McGriddle on the way. Gallows humor notwithstanding, I'm looking forward to it. Thank you all for the encouragement and support. I'll be back in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, we have two (or three, depending on how late I get back) more wins by then.

Roll Tide!!!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
If you're on your honeymoon right now then I hope you're not reading this. Bama won tonight.

Marriage is a fine institution, that is if you don't mind living in an institution.

Congratulations to both of you and Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.