Had to Put down my pal for the past 11 years this morning

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thank you all for your kind comments. They are comforting and a real testament to the love and kindness you had for your dog. Tug, my dog, went blind in August of 2014 after developing diabetes. As some of you may remember, I retired at the end of 2014 and have been his "seeing eye person" since he lost his sight. Since I retired he and I were inseparable. He went downhill rapidly over the past week and the vet told me he was terminal and he could go any time. I debated giving him more time and maybe I should have, but as y'all know it is a gut wrenching decision. Thanks to all for letting me share my story.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
GT, I feel your pain. Our first rescue dog lived 14 years. We knew her day was coming and slowly she began to show her age. I look at it this way... you gave your pup a loving, caring home and now he is out of his pain and misery. We made the same decision... We did NOT want our girl to suffer.

Hang in their man.... will be thinking of you.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Thank you all for your kind comments. They are comforting and a real testament to the love and kindness you had for your dog. Tug, my dog, went blind in August of 2014 after developing diabetes. As some of you may remember, I retired at the end of 2014 and have been his "seeing eye person" since he lost his sight. Since I retired he and I were inseparable. He went downhill rapidly over the past week and the vet told me he was terminal and he could go any time. I debated giving him more time and maybe I should have, but as y'all know it is a gut wrenching decision. Thanks to all for letting me share my story.
You were the best person to make that decision and it was without a doubt the best decision. Please know that. You have my deepest condolences.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Sorry to hear this. A pet truly is family but when I've had to do the same the one thought that always gives me comfort is that they know were loved all the way to end.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Ours had nearly lost his sight and hearing, but what drove the decision is that he had become so frail that he could barely walk and could no longer control going to the bathroom. As his vet told us, that's no life for a dog to live. He was still "there" mentally, his body was just quitting on him.

I truly feel for you because I've experienced it first hand as well. It's given me empathy that I had not known before. I wish you all the best in dealing with your loss. You were good to him and know that he was loved.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just saw this thread, Gray and am so sorry for your loss but proud of how you handled things when your buddy needed you the most. That's the important thing, as hard as it is.

I also want to say sorry for those in the thread who lost their companions.

Thoughts and prayers to all...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.