The World Just Hit This Disturbing Climate Change Metric

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
We can probably avoid a Malthusian check up to about 10 billion with our current methods of producing food.
i'm not talking about over population

I'm talking about what happens to the people already here when or if this thing spirals out of control. What happens if ocean currents change enough due to ice melts that historical farming areas in the middle US/Great plains become a desert? Suddenly feeding 7+ Billion people becomes exponentially harder. Etc, etc etc

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
The problems with overpopulation are very much regional problems. That's a huge thing that videos like this prefer to gloss over. One cannot simple look at the surface area of the Earth, divide it by the number of people, and then say everyone can fit in it. Yet that's the kind of ridiculous reasoning they use.

There could be many more people in the world if everything were perfect. But it's not. It's vastly more complex than they suggest.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i'm not talking about over population

I'm talking about what happens to the people already here when or if this thing spirals out of control. What happens if ocean currents change enough due to ice melts that historical farming areas in the middle US/Great plains become a desert? Suddenly feeding 7+ Billion people becomes exponentially harder. Etc, etc etc

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.