when having a gun for protection goes horribly wrong (atlanta)

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I'm sure Nancy Grace will be going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about this case soon.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I have seen people talk about how if people are required to carry insurance on their car, maybe we should require an insurance policy for gun owners.

There could even be a national pool to pay victims of accidental shootings if the shooter is unknown or uninsured.
No thank you, I don't want any but if you desire it feel free...

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I think a training class with recurrent training should be required before a person can buy a weapon.

And yes I have weapons and a carry permit.
No thank you, I'll just take my constitutional rights straight with no toppings.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I just turned 67 y/o and received my training in the US Army, including 2 yrs in combat in Vietnam. I've carried a weapon for 40+ years since.
Who would you suggest train me? Who is qualified enough to determine whether I should be permitted to carry a weapon?

Evidently you're fine with the government stealing your rights and then selling them back to you in the way of "permits".
My apologies. First order of business for you will be an eye test!:biggrin:

You are an outlier Reb. How bout the young person who buys a pistol and doesn't know the first thing about them?

Well regulated milita you know.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
You are an outlier Reb. How bout the young person who buys a pistol and doesn't know the first thing about them?
The government purchased an entire new healthcare system without knowing the first thing about it. We're just following in their footsteps.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
looks like old Tex has a history of being stupid with guns

and you know, I'm a proponent of guns and a gun owner myself, but not all people should have them and clearly this guy shouldn't

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/strange-twist-mciver-shooting-case/IkzOZvulGfd5GAujItj50K/

An Atlanta attorney who says he accidentally shot and killed his wife last month was charged some 25 years ago with firing a gun at a car containing three teens in DeKalb County.

A grand jury indicted Claud “Tex” McIver but prosecutors declined to pursue the 1990 case after the parties settled it privately, according to court records obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. No one was injured in the incident. But afterward McIver was charged with three counts of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm in connection with a crime, and criminal damage to property.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
So In 1990 he tries to shot the pavement but strikes the car twice. Now he tries not to fire his gun and kills his wife.

Sounds reasonable, could happen to anyone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.