Roy Moore Suspended for Remainder of His Term

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It's a state issue and I've still never been able to square why the government doesn't just issue civil unions and leave marriage to the faith institutions where they started and belong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I get Stewart's point, but I'd hardly say all our presidents have been openly Christian. Carter and Bush43 were pretty open about their faith but that's about it in my lifetime. The others never made a big deal of it.

I also get told that a lot of the early ones weren't really Christian.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I get the point - I really do, but it is possible for a majority population to be oppressed bu the government. Not saying that is happening here, of course. However, it does concern me when elected officials and candidates alike purposely refer to the "right to worship" instead of the "right to practice". Those are two entirely different things and the subtle intention is not lost on me.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I guess it's just my being a lawyer, but I really didn't - and don't - see it as about freedom of religion at all. The question is whether or not a state court is bound by a federal court ruling. That was all that the proceeding was about...

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
It's amazing to me that we praise CNS when he punishes a player in his own way because he believes that's what's best. But criticize anyone else who does something similar.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.