Defensive Line Recruiting

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
moving on from him....means good things with others
That`s great news. All things considered, IMHO we have no higher priority than D line right now. Don`t know that it`s possible, but it sure would be great if we could bring in a kid (besides Buggs ) who would be ready enough to give us at least a few quality snaps.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
That`s great news. All things considered, IMHO we have no higher priority than D line right now. Don`t know that it`s possible, but it sure would be great if we could bring in a kid (besides Buggs ) who would be ready enough to give us at least a few quality snaps.
I believe Solomon would certainly see the field immediately. Ray may also.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Solomon, Ray, Kinlaw, and Mathis remain as targets. Really good shape with all.
It is getting very late in the process and I had hoped to see some good surprises surface but, really, if we could land Solomon, Ray, Mathis, Byers (if qualifies), Parks (LB/DE) and Buggs already on campus...that seems like a pretty strong class on the D Line for this cycle. Fingers crossed...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I don`t think there`s much doubt, especially if they put in a good summer on CSC`s program that he would no doubt have them on.
I am very excited about Ray...he really looks like a guy that will fill out nicely in college be dominant rushing to the backfield, very quick.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Not sure what if it means anything for this cycle but it looks like we're addressing immediate impact on the D-Line for next year. According to Tider Insider:

"The nation's top junior college defensive tackle in the 2018 class was in Tuscaloosa on Saturday."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not sure what if it means anything for this cycle but it looks like we're addressing immediate impact on the D-Line for next year. According to Tider Insider:

"The nation's top junior college defensive tackle in the 2018 class was in Tuscaloosa on Saturday."
Even if Bama goes 3/3 on Wednesday with Ray, Solomon and Mathis (very, very unlikely), that's going to be a place of need for 2018 and possibly 2019.

Missing on Hulk last year hurts more than we realized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaBen15

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 3, 2017

I don't think it means anything. We are losing Hand and Frazier, and Payne likely(Junior). We need more bodies...experienced or not.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I don't think it means anything. We are losing Hand and Frazier, and Payne likely(Junior). We need more bodies...experienced or not.
I agree we rotate alot of bodies at dl.I think RTR mentioned Hulk earlier what happened to that guy? I was sure after he did not qualify he would land at a Juco somewhere but I can't find out any information about him.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It is ALWAYS a need. The OL/DL can never be ignored. If you think they can think back to Franchione and Derrick Dooley at UT not get OL in a class. They became total and I mean TOTAL disasters in NO TIME.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It is ALWAYS a need. The OL/DL can never be ignored. If you think they can think back to Franchione and Derrick Dooley at UT not get OL in a class. They became total and I mean TOTAL disasters in NO TIME.

Yep, IMHO, year in and year out, this is what butters the bread. You win or lose at the LOS. The rest revolves around what happens there.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

This has certainly not been a banner year for us on the D-Line. It is, however, shaping up to be a tremendous O-Line Class. Regardless of what happens in this recruiting cycle we will be strong in the trenches. We already have some major talent on campus at DT and DE - and major linebacker talent. We will get through the season but you can bet that next year we will stack up on the defensive line.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This has certainly not been a banner year for us on the D-Line. It is, however, shaping up to be a tremendous O-Line Class. Regardless of what happens in this recruiting cycle we will be strong in the trenches. We already have some major talent on campus at DT and DE - and major linebacker talent. We will get through the season but you can bet that next year we will stack up on the defensive line.
Unless we really hit it big on Wednesday ( and I guess it`s not out of the realm of possibility ) we`d better.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Unless we really hit it big on Wednesday ( and I guess it`s not out of the realm of possibility ) we`d better.
Well, coach has not steered us wrong yet. And he has the best recruiting staff ever put together at Alabama so I am sure the staff has answers going forward.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Well, coach has not steered us wrong yet. And he has the best recruiting staff ever put together at Alabama so I am sure the staff has answers going forward.
Well, we have lost a lot of stellar recruiters over the past year... :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.