Question: Hurricane Matthew's impact on college football? (LSU-UF and UGA-USC postponed)

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Thought I'd start a thread on this. No, I'm not a Mod but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night!

Naturally, thoughts and prayers for those in its path...that is the main priority.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: What will be hurricane Matthew's impact on college football this weekend?

My question - are the Miami-FSU and LSU-Gators games in threat of being postponed?

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL

They're basically rolling up the sidewalks in Gainesville. Classes are cancelled. Wouldn't be surprised if that one is off.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

It seems like the worst will hit before the games in Florida, but hard to say. My guess is it depends on how hard it hits and what the damage looks like.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

They are supposed to update the status of Florida - LSU at noon central time, which is just a few minutes away. The storm is supposed to pass the Gainesville latitude sometime Friday afternoon. Campus is closed thru at least Friday, so no parking until 8am Saturday morning.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

We are looking at a huge disaster I think.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

LSU vs Florida canceled make up date uncertain if one will happen per finebaum

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

LSU vs Florida canceled make up date uncertain if one will happen per finebaum
Two teams unexpectedly out of the SECCG hunt early in the season - might as well take the week off.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: What will be hurricane Matthew's impact on college football? (LSU/UF cancelled)

Two teams unexpectedly out of the SECCG hunt early in the season - might as well take the week off.
Both only have 1 loss. If anything it is a blow to Tennessee, Alabama, and aTm because if they don't reschedule that is 1 less potential SEC loss.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

We are looking at a huge disaster I think.
Hopefully it's another of those chicken little scenarios. Seems like the last few major hurricanes have done diddle, but rain storms have been flooding out every city along the coast for the past year or so

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011

I think it's the right thing to do.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA

The U of F botched this game decision worse than LSU botched the Miles situation last November. They should have started planning it for an alternate location 2 days ago. Now, Foley is playing the victim already. No doubt this is a bad storm and all precautions should be taken, but alternatives were available.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

Eh, they each have one loss. They've very much still in it.

I don't get why (assuming the damage isn't terrible) they can't just play Sunday or Monday, in Gainsville or elsewhere.

I wonder what happens if Tennessee is 6-2 in conference and Florida is 6-1... No way Florida wins the east, right?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

They basically now have two bye weeks to prepare for us. Don't think for one second they're not going to use the extra time to get in game planning on us. Coach O KNOWS if he wins that game his chances of getting the HC'ng job drastically go up.

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

The U of F botched this game decision worse than LSU botched the Miles situation last November. They should have started planning it for an alternate location 2 days ago. Now, Foley is playing the victim already. No doubt this is a bad storm and all precautions should be taken, but alternatives were available.
They could have played the game at Baton Rouge if someone would have acted a day sooner. Not sure who's to blame, but probably Florida.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

They could have played the game at Baton Rouge if someone would have acted a day sooner. Not sure who's to blame, but probably Florida.
It was. I live in Louisiana and from the start of the week several of the local beat writers were already saying that Florida DID NOT want to move the game to Baton Rouge. That they would postpone/cancel the game before they did that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.