Whiny baby LSU DAD melting over the 'cowardly' gators

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: LSU DAD melting over the cowardly gators

I think that is the case. But then you read where Alleva is quoted as saying they would play anywhere they needed to play to get the game in. That quote is from the current article posted on ESPN.com. However, it's being reported that Alleva didn't want to do the November 19 because he didn't want to travel to Florida at that time. Contradicting quotes.
Finebaum made the comment today a problem with everything was no clear narrative from all three parties. By not having the same script, we get stuck with this.

Then again, Sankey and the SEC could have easily solved this by telling the teams what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Finebaum made the comment today a problem with everything was no clear narrative from all three parties. By not having the same script, we get stuck with this.

Then again, Sankey and the SEC could have easily solved this by telling the teams what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It also doesn't look good when USC-UGA and Miami-FSU are still playing their games. Finebaum said waiting until Thursday to make any type of a decision doomed this from the get go.

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States

UF is taking player safety into consideration and they are also trying to cope with the aftermath of a cat4 hurricane. i see no reason the game cant be made up at a later date (like nov 19th). i'm sure lsWH wouldn't be willing to give up home field advantage to a major conference game and play the same weekend that a natural disaster occured. of course lsWHO is wiling to do all you mentioned...UF's head wouldn't be in the game...they'd be focusing on their families and friends that were affected by this monster storm. i'm amazed that people cant se lsWHO for who they really are, and what they are attempting to do.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

UF is taking player safety into consideration and they are also trying to cope with the aftermath of a cat4 hurricane. i see no reason the game cant be made up at a later date (like nov 19th). i'm sure lsWH wouldn't be willing to give up home field advantage to a major conference game and play the same weekend that a natural disaster occured. of course lsWHO is wiling to do all you mentioned...UF's head wouldn't be in the game...they'd be focusing on their families and friends that were affected by this monster storm. i'm amazed that people cant se lsWHO for who they really are, and what they are attempting to do.
LSU moved a game a game to sun devil stadium because of Katrina, and the Tennessee game to a Monday night game due to hurricane Rita. I'm not in the camp that Florida are cowards, but their inability to make a decision by Wednesday with all the info they had really is mind boggling. Espicially when USCe, UGA, FSU, and Miami all made arrangements on how to play the game

Again the November date hurts LSU because it takes all the home revenue away from that game, and forces them to pay 3 million to USA.

Last edited:

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States

LSU moved a game a game to sun devil stadium because of Katrina, and the Tennessee game to a Monday night game due to hurricane Rita. I'm not in the camp that Florida are cowards, but their inability to make a decision by Wednesday with all the info they had really is mind boggling. Espicially when USCe, UGA, FSU, and Miami all made arrangements on how to play the game

Again the November date hurts LSU because it takes all the home revenue away from that game, and forces them to pay 3 million to USA.
awwww cry me a river

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
LSU DAD melting over the cowardly gators

they are also trying to cope with the aftermath of a cat4 hurricane.
I'm tired of seeing this. Gainesville saw nothing close to a cat4 hurricane. I have family in Orlando and it was no where near as bad as the east coast. High winds and a lot of rain, mostly just trees limbs down and very little flooding.

Gainesville is even further from the east coast then Orlando, they didn't even get hurricane level winds according to reports. The strongest wind gusts in the Gainesville area were recorded as 48 mph, with sustained winds at 33 mph, according to a report from Gainesville.com, and just an inch of rain.

People need to stop claiming they are recovering from a cat4 hurricane because that is not true. Not for the Gainesville area.

This game should have been played on Sunday or Monday but, UF stonewalled the conference and just made some poor decisions imo.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I made a mistake last night posting in this thread saying that LSU was the team not wanting to buyout the November 19th game. I learned today it is Florida that doesn't want to buyout their November 19th game against Presbyterian.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I made a mistake last night posting in this thread saying that LSU was the team not wanting to buyout the November 19th game. I learned today it is Florida that doesn't want to buyout their November 19th game against Presbyterian.
Exactly - UF wants no part of this game with LSU.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Simple solution. SEC reschedules the game on 12/3, and petitions the NCAA and CFP to allow, IF NECESSARY, the SECCG be moved to 12/10. Army-Navy is being played 12/10, so why not the SECCG?

IF NECESSARY means that either or both E-W division champions can not be determined without LSU-UF being played. Most likely scenario is that both LSU-UF and SECCG would be played on 12/3.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't blame Joe Alleva for making his stand. I don't see this game happening on November 19 without Florida sending significant cash considerations to Baton Rouge. Sankey should've told Florida to load up and go to Baton Rouge when they stated that they could not host the game on either Saturday or Sunday.

Sankey is a garbage can commish though, so here we are.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

I'm tired of seeing this. Gainesville saw nothing close to a cat4 hurricane. ---snip---
Matthew could have very easily been a Cat 4 (or Cat 5) as it moved NW along the coast.

Plus it could have jogged inland more.

I would have loved nothing more than to see my team play LSU - especially at The Swamp!

In case you don't remember, last year Florida (playing with their second string QB) came very close to beating LSU at Death Valley playing with a healthy Fournette. The difference in the game (7 points) was a (patented) Les Miles fake FG....which resulted in a TD. But the Gators were still in the game up until the very last minute.

You can debate if things could have been handled better wrt the cancellation....but no way the Gators are scared of LSU!

After all we lead the series 31-28-3! :cool:

Geaux Gators!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't think this has anything to do with the players or coaches on either team to be quite honest. This issue is an school presidents, ADs, and conference commish argument exclusively. I think Sankey mismanaged the entire scenario. The goal should always be to play it at the scheduled site if at all possible but get the game done as soon as possible without compromising the scheduling integrity of the entire season for the conference.

I don't think Florida's desire to host the game overrides the overwhelming conference interest to just get the game done on the scheduled weekend. The way this played out has knock-on effects for the entire conference and that is the wrong answer. Florida should've been loaded up and heading to LA on Thursday night once it became clear that the evacuation and staging area post-event were going to make a Gainesville weekend site impossible.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Florida should've been loaded up and heading to LA on Thursday night once it became clear that the evacuation and staging area post-event were going to make a Gainesville weekend site impossible.
But......Florida AD Jeremy Foley stated this:

"Impossible to accommodate that request, which we greatly appreciated,'' Foley said. "I think everyone in this room understands how the University of Florida feels about playing LSU. This series is very important to our fan base and important to this institution, but to try and put a road trip together of 150-plus people in a day and half … again, not in the best interest of safety, not in the best interest of people that would be involved on that trip."

And I have to agree with him.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

The game should not have been played on Saturday or Sunday. The motels were full of evacuees from the coast. It was a Florida home game. They should make the call on the make up game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.