Game Thread: Houston @ Navy

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Looks like Army won't break the streak, this year.

Thanks, Middies, for knocking off the pretenders.

Coach O's job security may have risen.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I have grown to hate the "BCS Buster" teams who win a couple of games against P5 and think they DESERVE special treatment. Really? Well, Houston, you just got your Speical Treatment. HaHaHaHa.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
.Imagine having to recruit a team full of future military officer's, a high standard. I love it anytime one of the academy teams win vs ranked teams.
All the academies (and state military academies) have the same problem. Getting o-linemen and D-linemen big enough to be successful at D1 competition is tough. To have a chance you simply have to be above service height/weight limits. They all waive the height/weight for linemen until the end of their last football season and then linemen are starving themselves to get down to commissioning weight. It ain't easy.

Anyway, it's good to see a service academy deflate a pretender.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Last Memphis started off 8-0 and were the media darling as the BCS buster. Then they lost three in a row and the coach took off to Virginia Tech. I wonder if he spent the second half of the season fielding job offers and lost focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Looks like Army won't break the streak, this year.

Thanks, Middies, for knocking off the pretenders.

Coach O's job security may have risen.
Meh....

The last 2 years army has made it a waaaaaaay closer game than anyone thought, usually as 2-3 touchdown dogs. Is a rivalry game man....all bets are off

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
This loss knocks Houston out of the playoff picture. It's guaranteed now that the four teams in the playoff will be major conference champions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.