JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Arkansas wrap-up: Composure in short supply as Bama piles up the points
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
October 9th, 2016 12:52 AM

Alabama fans – to say nothing of poll voters who tend to vote their preference based on the number of bulbs shorted out on the scoreboard – might get starry-eyed over Alabama’s 49-30 win over Arkansas Saturday, but Nick Saban likely won’t be tempted to join them. […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Great write up Jess. Much thx. Super agreement on #5. As a league the SEC sets the bar and is often the innovator of new trends. Full time refs with outstanding training is a most. Hell, research it and go get the best! Recruit them to the SEC and make them the best paid. In the offseason they work on training newbies. It's got to happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Agreed on all points, especially #5. It ruins the enjoyment of the game when the officials miss calls as badly as they did last night.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I'm not sure that Joshua Dobbs is a better passer than Allen; but you're spot on as usual. Can't wait for your preview for this week's game.

Thanks Jess!

Thanks Jess! Though I didn't get to see the first half of the game it seems like when Bama got up 28-7, it coasted the ready of the way through. I would say focus just wasn't there and then it became when does this game end and when can we get to the next one. Luckily, Minkah came to play in the second half as did Evans. Arky really had no answer for Bama! Great write up, Sir.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
So how does it work in suspending JaMichael Winston? It wasn't called in the field. So, does the league office even recognize it?

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
So how does it work in suspending JaMichael Winston? It wasn't called in the field. So, does the league office even recognize it?
The league can retroactively suspend a player for a missed targeting call (or at least they could prior to this season, when all booth reviews started being simulcast to Birmingham at the home office during games). Not a stretch to think that rule also covers flagrant fouls, and Winston's actions were flagrant. But we didn't hear anything about it today that I'm aware of, so I don't look for it to happen.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
If you look at the season stats, Allen has been better in every category.
Not as a runner. I guess I should have specified "quarterback" rather than "passer" but I'd rather face Austin Allen 10 times out of 10 than I would Joshua Dobbs. Mobile quarterbacks have been a thorn in Saban's side forever. He's got company in that regard, but the way Alabama's defense is structured, I'd much rather face pocket guys than dual-threat guys, even when the dual-threat guy is not as accurate.

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
The league can retroactively suspend a player for a missed targeting call (or at least they could prior to this season, when all booth reviews started being simulcast to Birmingham at the home office during games). Not a stretch to think that rule also covers flagrant fouls, and Winston's actions were flagrant. But we didn't hear anything about it today that I'm aware of, so I don't look for it to happen.
Shame

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I'm glad to see you addressed the fact that our DBs, (especially #26), can't seem to knock down a dad-gum pass. C'mon, Marlon, you're better than that!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.