Mark Richt has lost control of the Miami fans

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Nope. Yankee Florida.
South Florida hasn't been "Southern" since the invention of air conditioning. First came the rich folks from colder states, then came the snow birds and finally, the Cubans. Heck, Jacksonville has the highest "transient" population of any city in America. I am not sure how much of the state can truly be said to be Southern anymore.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not just saying this - as someone who grew up in FL, I can attest to the fact the Miami fans are among the absolute worst regarding sportsmanship. Generally speaking they couldn't care less if the teams cheats or if they take cheap shots in order to injure players - they just want to win. They're literally like 10 year-old children. None of what happened is remotely surprising - the Miami fans are truly horrible.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I was on Bourbon St this weekend and saw a group of FSU fans going down the street chanting "**** her right in the *****" because ???

Thanks Jameis, you gave FSU fans plenty of classless material to lean on for generations.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm not just saying this - as someone who grew up in FL, I can attest to the fact the Miami fans are among the absolute worst regarding sportsmanship. Generally speaking they couldn't care less if the teams cheats or if they take cheap shots in order to injure players - they just want to win. They're literally like 10 year-old children. None of what happened is remotely surprising - the Miami fans are truly horrible.
They reflect the character of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Their fans are like the raiders. Not so many, but with that "just win baby" with a little gangsta swag. I wish I could find the video of Lamar Thomas, as an analyst wanting to come down and get in a brawl. "You don't come into our house" stuff. Worse fan base in the league. Richt may help a little, but its the culture.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I hate to be considered as a apologist for Mark Richt, I'M NOT... ( I never accepted the apology for Richt that he was 'A GOOD MAN' Pardon me for mentioning it but universities don't hire Head Coaches to be a GOOD MAN... They hire Head Coaches to win football games, even if they have to be a mean and nasty so and so...)
BUT...
Over the years Miami has never been disciplined, and the coaches have only had a loose reign on the players.
Any coach who tries that hard to be liked by his players is missing the point. HE IS PAID TO WIN.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Some of y'all must not get the joke. It's what they said about him at UGA when something bad would happen. Mark Richt has lost control of (insert here).
Thanks for clarifying. This is how I took it, but with all the opposite responses, I thought I must be wrong. I think in many cases it just was an opportunity to hop on CMR and Miami that couldn't be passed up.:BigA:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.