Minkah's Pick Six

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Is it just me, or was anyone else worried that Eddie Jackson was going to get flagged for blocking in the back?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It started in the front. I didn't feel he would get flagged for it. If anything he took him down. It could have been a holding call if anything.
That is what I saw, too. He pulled him to the ground - probably should have been called, but given the rest of the horrible officiating throughout the game, you take it.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
It started in the front. I didn't feel he would get flagged for it. If anything he took him down. It could have been a holding call if anything.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
Yeah, but it barely started in front. My first reaction was a penalty. Glad the officiating was bad on that one, too.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
That is what I saw, too. He pulled him to the ground - probably should have been called, but given the rest of the horrible officiating throughout the game, you take it.
Yep, I'll definitely take it . . . just surprised that the officials didn't call it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I had the same thoughts as PCOLA and B1G. And the refs were so cotton picking inconsistent that you really didn't know. I could see it either way, but I was glad they didn't.

The thing with the officials is this - it's not that they're making bad calls (in and of itself) but it's that they're INCONSISTENT. At least Tom Ritter was consistently terrible. But it's like Johnny Bench used to say about umpires - just so long as the strike zone is the same in the eighth inning as the first, no problem. If the ump is going to call it tight or loose, great. But what you don't want is setting up their slugger and hitting the same spot you've hit all game long with a strike and he calls it a ball.

Same with the refs. If they're going to call holding tightly then call it CONSISTENTLY. I realize PI and holding are oftentimes judgment calls that could go either way. But what irks me is when you see them all it one way for the opponent and different for yourself.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
It was close, but allen's side was turned just enough to warrent a clean block. He did trip the heck out of him at the end though lol
I wouldnt have argued if they would have called it back but it was a heck of a play by Minkah nonetheless.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.