Question: When Does Brian Kelly Start Feeling the Heat in South Bend?

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
What talent, sorry but Les was our nightmare for last 8 years Kelly's a pretender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way Les can get the same amount of five-star, NFL-ready recruits in South Bend that he got in Baton Rouge. Half of those guys wouldn't even be academically eligible for NDs strict guidelines. And I wouldn't exactly call Les our nightmare the last 8 years either (see years 2008-09 and 2011-2015)

tidegrandpa

All-American
No way Les can get the same amount of five-star, NFL-ready recruits in South Bend that he got in Baton Rouge. Half of those guys wouldn't even be academically eligible for NDs strict guidelines. And I wouldn't exactly call Les our nightmare the last 8 years either (see years 2008-09 and 2011-2015)
Your ok with your thinking, but due to history, my rear end puckered every time we lined up against them.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The type of talent he's been getting at LSU...
LSU is made up of local boys from Texas and Louisiana, and a few kids from Mississippi. Miles at ND isn't Miles at LSU in recruiting.

ND has the same problem Nebraska and Tennessee do in that they have to recruit nationally because of their respected states are dry with in state talent. Their success is highly dependent on out of state talent. All three of them were great from the 60's to the mid to late 90's because playing pro football wasn't as near as a concern as playing for a legendary coach and being a college all American. Now with the exposure and endorsement deals it is more important to play for a pro factory school than to play for a historic school.

Granted miles has put a great number in the NFL, but most Louisana recruits we lost from him were because of playing time and distance from home. Miles would undoubtably have to raid Ohio for talent, and that isn't going to be easy with Urban and Harbaugh already fighting in that recruiting battleground. Other than that I don't see it as a real good idea for miles and notre Dame

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Your ok with your thinking, but due to history, my rear end puckered every time we lined up against them.

You could put Mike Shula or Tommy Tuberville at LSU and they would they would look like a credible threat to us. Louisana, Florida, and California are talent rich states.

tidegrandpa

All-American
You could put Mike Shula or Tommy Tuberville at LSU and they would they would look like a credible threat to us. Louisana, Florida, and California are talent rich states.
I remember TJ with a minute left and Blake pulling our a-- out of the fire with 50 seconds and no time outs and a fat man trick play in OT, thats more than Kelly's lame 2012 excuse for a team. IMHO

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I just saw a couple blurbs on the internet saying Miles may take the Purdue job.

He may coach again, but I don't see that. He is 63 and I don't think he would go somewhere unless just the name of the school draws recruits. Purdue is not one of those places. Plus he'd have to deal with Harbaugh and Meyer.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I think that ND will need to have a good replacement well in hand to fire Kelly this year unless they continue to crash and burn. Should they fire Kelly, Meyer need not move for another school to be in the mix for Herman. ND would almost certainly interview him.
Any HC who is having success at Ohio State would be an idiot to move to Notre Dame, IMO.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I remember TJ with a minute left and Blake pulling our a-- out of the fire with 50 seconds and no time outs and a fat man trick play in OT, thats more than Kelly's lame 2012 excuse for a team. IMHO

That was because nuss was bound and determined of trying to get AJ the heisman. Had we ran Eddie and tj more than 22 times combined then it is probably a route. Eddie was averaging 7.5 a carry and TJ 6.9 per carry. To be honest the last two times down there have been close because our offensive coordinators were out thinking themselves. Luckily Chavis and Steele defenses always fold when the game is on the line.

This is not to say les is a bad or inept coach, but you are insinuating that Louisana is going to all of the sudden become a nd pipeline just because les miles. I just don't see it because again Louisana recruits usually stay near home.

Fwiw I don't think anyone is saying Kelly> les, atleast not me, but I think most are saying his national recruiting is nowhere near what it takes to succeed at nd. Again you are going to have to invade Ohio for recruits to stand a chance, and that is a serious mountain to climb. I would say a guy like Kiffin would be better suited for the recruiting situation at notre dame.

Last edited:

JDMinHSV

Scout Team
Jan 11, 2007
Weis is now getting paid by Kansas. He has gotten paid close to $25M now NOT to coach.

And he's worth every penny of it!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.