Coach Saban sought Ark. center after game - to console him on his father's loss

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I thought he might do that since he lost his father under similar circumstances. Very proud of CNS for his class and compassion. Very brave young man, condolences to the Ragnow family.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Saban is a very good man despite what our rivals and media try to say. I lost my father at a young age as well. I was in my first year of architecture school and 22 years old. Prayers to the kid and his family. I can understand why he played, I returned to school one day after the funeral.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
I have said this before , I will say it again, History repeats itself, AND SABAN, is our modern day BEAR BRYANT. They HATE him, They FEAR him, because they RESPECT him.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks for posting this story, DBF.

I've often said some of the best stories about college football happen away from the field.

Just my opinion but I don't think Coach Saban is really disparaged that much in the media as much as he is respected. He is a fighter and always stands up for what's right vs. what's wrong on and off the field.

That will be his legacy and you can't ask for more than that.

If anyone didn't read the linked story, they should do so.

I lost my father when I was 14 and it was tough. Having someone you look up to stop by, shake your hand, and tell you your Dad was respected and will be missed means a hell of a lot and is something that will always be remembered.

Roll Tide and thanks for helping this young man, Coach Saban!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.