What is your favorite win vs Tennessee?

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
This isn't necessarily my favorite, but it's my most memorable. I was backpacking in the Smokies in 2005 with a group of guys. There were a couple of UT grads, a couple of Bama grads, a Florida grad, and an Auburn grad. Yes, I need to keep better company. We got up early Saturday so we could knock that days hike (12-14 miles) out early and be at our campsite well before the game. We listened to the game on the UT station. I remember asking one of the UT guys how early their radio show came on because something like 3-4 hours before kick off it was already on. The reply was, "All Vol Saturday man. It's on all day." To go from certain defeat to the fumble out the back of the endzone and we won was just spectacular. It was a somber night for those guys at backcountry campsite #23. It was an awesome night for me.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Rocky Block. One of those magic moments.
Absolutely. Was at the game, 50 yard line 34th row with my college room mate.
When Cody blocked the kick, and the crowd roared, my hair literally stood on end.
I have never felt such electricity. The only thing close was being in the Super Dome in 92 when Teague look the ball away from Lamar Thomas(The greatest play in Bama football history in my opinion).

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
'72. Two touchdowns in the last 2 minutes. On the Road.

He didn't know it at the time, but our current athletic director had been "processed."

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Oooohhhh, lots of good ones to choose from. 1972 was classic of course, but I was just a wee lad so don't remember it. 1990 was pretty cool - big underdogs and we block a kick to set up our own game winning field goal. 2002 was special as it ended the streak. 2009 was awesome. But I'd have to say 2007 was right up there. Saban's first year didn't go so great overall, but that was the game where UT - and especially Fulmer - realized there was a new sheriff in town and things we're going to be different going forward. After Saban calls the onside kick - and we get it - coming out of half time, Fulmer looked like someone had kicked him in the nads and ran off with his wife. Still brings me unparalleled joy just thinking about it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'd say 2005 is probably my favorite win, but I absolutely loved the 1993 game.
I was there for that game, literally lost my voice for a week. Made client communication really difficult, but I weathered it. Despite the score, that was one of the best games I've ever seen - two LEGIT defenses slugging it out with two horrible offenses - the stuff of dreams...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
How can there be any other choice but this.....preserved an undefeated season and the first NC in 17 years!!!
The broadcast video is great, but my favorite is this one - you can hear the noise, the pause at the snap & kick, then the explosion! I can't imagine what it was like on the field...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I make no bones about how much I hate those hillbillies up north, and with that I have a certain amount of games that I love to rewatch on the week of tsio. I favor some wins over others, but it's hard to pick a favorite, but I think I've picked my personal favorite.

It's 2002. It's mostly because it prevented Tennessee from hitting a 10 win streak on us, and busting the fat pumpkin on the head after his involvement with the NCAA investigation. I never felt the auburn streak was going to tie the series, but the rate Tennessee was going I didn't know. I think ending the 7 years of frustration against Tennessee is probably in my top 10 of favorite wins of all time. I still remember how we just destroyed them in all phases of the game so much that neyland was colored Crimson in the 4th quarter.

So how abou y'all
actually Tennessee had a 7 win streak on us and going for 8 not 10. . it was from 1995-2001.

Last edited:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
The only thing close was being in the Super Dome in 92 when Teague look the ball away from Lamar Thomas(The greatest play in Bama football history in my opinion).
One of the best plays that never happened - (got called back)

I used to get Sugar Bowl Tkts for Christmas each year back then. We were outmatched talent wise by every prognosticator. With all the taunting going on before the game our guys were playing like their lives depended on it. Brother Oliver had their Heisman QB so rattled he couldn't think straight. Our Offense line was blocking like they hadn't all year. It was also when Dye and auby really cranked up their crooked recruiting.

It was one of the best championships because it was overdue and somewhat unexpected, I've never seen a fan group disappear as quick as that Miami bunch afterward.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
actually Tennessee had a 7 win streak on us and going for 8 not 10. . it was from 1995-2001.
I know it was a 7 game streak, but had we not won it in 02 then it would be a 10 year streak altogether since 03 and 04 were both losses for us in the series. Shula was always outcoached by the great pumpkin, and it's a miracle he beat him in 05.

We can hate Fran all we want , and deservingly so, but to his credit he understood what that game meant to Alabama fans.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Watching the 1993 game right now (thank you YouTube and Chromecast). I'll try to post a few thoughts on it afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Really? You might as well ask which of your kids you love the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
For me, the 02 win. Their fan base and players had become so freakin' obnoxious. Their win streak was the longest we have ever endured. Fulmer. The whole NCAA mess. "Bama will be out of business . . ." Yada, yada, yada.

And not only did we beat them in Neyland. We beat the snot out of them.

07 holds a special place in my heart as well because we were down a couple of starters due to the textbook scandal and absolutely took them to the woodshed. It was the first of a two game "processing" of Fulmer by Saban.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.