What is your favorite win vs Tennessee?

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
It was '02 for me, as well. I had moved to Knoxville in 1997 and all I heard was Vols this, Big Orange that, Peyton whatever, blah, blah, blah. In the '02 game, not only did we win big but my youngest son had been born a few days earlier and my parents were up to visit. Great times!

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I believe Mike Dubose made the hit on Holloway causing the fumble. Could be wrong.
1972 in Neyland.

"With 2:39 left in the game, Alabama took possession at the Vols 48-yard line, and three plays later Wilbur Jackson scored on a two-yard run. On the Tennessee possession that ensued, John Mitchell recovered a Holloway fumble at the Vols' 17-yard line. On the next play, Terry Davis gave Alabama a 17–10 lead with his touchdown run with just over one minute left in the game.[SUP][30][/SUP] The victory improved Alabama's all-time record against Tennessee to 25–23–7." From wiki

IIRC, Woodrow Lowe put a one jarring tackle on Holloway that caused the fumble that BigJohn Mitchell recovered. It was a great trip back to Tuscaloosa.

agbracing

Aug 22, 2011
Living behind enemy lines I enjoy them all very much. But for me 2008 was my first time being at the game instead of TV. We were sitting under the upper deck and couldnt see any of the upper deck. In third quarter watching all the orange leave. Then as the game was over walking down toward the band for rammer jammer and seeing nothing but crimson left in the stands. It was my first bama game in person.

bat123

All-American
2009 when the vols lined up to kick I turned to my daughter and said "If we block or they miss it, this place will come un-glued" and by George it did. I have worked on and around jet aircraft for over 30 years and I have never heard anything that loud in my life..... it was SWEET!
:BigA:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Coach Saban's first year 2007. Game in Tuscaloosa, went with my boss at the time. He's a big UT fan and we'd only won 2 of the previous 12. He ran his mouth all the way down as we drove from Nashville, Eric Ainge is gonna play on Sunday's, blah, blah, blah. Kept calling John Parker Wilson Sarah Jessica Parker.

Opening kick we on-side and recover. Ainge threw 3 interceptions, I believe. It was a really fun day! 42-17!
I bet it was a quiet ride home too.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Coach Saban's first year 2007. Game in Tuscaloosa, went with my boss at the time. He's a big UT fan and we'd only won 2 of the previous 12. He ran his mouth all the way down as we drove from Nashville, Eric Ainge is gonna play on Sunday's, blah, blah, blah. Kept calling John Parker Wilson Sarah Jessica Parker.

Opening kick we on-side and recover. Ainge threw 3 interceptions, I believe. It was a really fun day! 42-17!
I forgot about that lame nickname our rivals had for John Parker Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
i can't remember if it was 87 or 89 (the only two vs tennessee that i've attended), but one of them was the most fun i have ever had on game day. the stadium was packed a full hour or more before kickoff and was completely raucous before the game and got more so as the game went on because we were curb stomping the vols. a few tennessee fans near the student section were in full drunken meltdown by the end of the game and the bama fans were relentless in their mockery.
92tide,

I can answer this one for you: was it a day game or a night game? The 1987 game was an evening affair played the week after we somehow lost to Memphis. The 1989 game was telecast nationally on CBS and kicked off at 11am.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
A few come immediately to mind. My first was 1979 - a beautiful fall day in Mississippi - and we went over to a friend's for a BBQ. We got there and the Tide was down, 17-0; we came back to win!!

1986 - blew out the Vols after a four-year losing streak; kind of a boring game

1989 - a shootout at the OK Corral, which Vols games never really were.

1993 - the tie that felt like a win

1994 - what a goal line stand that was

2005 - boring game with an exciting ending

But best of all HAS to be 2009. I was working in the lab that day (Chemistry, where I'm now supe) and trying to tune in and yet do work. I tend to be more reserved at work because it's a hospital. But when Cody blocked it, I screamed pretty loudly - the only time I've ever done that at work (home - that's something else).

I did not see the 1990 game because we did not have ESPN at the time; and the 1991 game, I was newly married and the Braves were in the World Series that night, so we had to go visit my wife's friends earlier in the day. Oh well.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I used to work with a big Bama fan who used the Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.