What kind of cigar do you have ready for the ut W?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I just don't get this tradition.
Cigars are not meant to be a habitual thing, but something to signify accomplishment and success. CPB's right hand man Goosetree started it because Tennessee was the rival CPB wanted to beat the most and felt Alabama would only be king when they conquer that foe. It's a very rich tradition in the rivalry.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Cigars are not meant to be a habitual thing, but something to signify accomplishment and success. CPB's right hand man Goosetree started it because Tennessee was the rival CPB wanted to beat the most and felt Alabama would only be king when they conquer that foe. It's a very rich tradition in the rivalry.
Obviously it isn't something you'd start doing today, but it does have a lot of history. I imagine many players take a puff or two and that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Obviously it isn't something you'd start doing today, but it does have a lot of history. I imagine many players take a puff or two and that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember after the national championship they did the chewing of one or the puff puff pass kinda deal.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
An actual hand-rolled Cuban (on the left below). A friend of mine just got back from Havana. These have been basically off limits to us for more than a generation, and now they'll be more common, but it doesn't make it any less special for me... this will be my first actual Cuban. A Cohiba for a buddy of mine, too. We are set. Can't wait.

Seems I read Cubans are legal now.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
The players carry on the tradition to this day. Here are a few pictures over the last 5 years of victory cigars.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.